Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeSign Widget Conditional Logic Question

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all

I have been using the AdobeSign product for quite some time, but couldn't find any support documentation for the following use case for conditional formatting. I'm looking to enable/disable a field when there is ANY text in another field.

For example, enabling field B upon anything filled into field A. Is there a way to implement this, short of creating a long string of "any" conditions, i.e., show/enable field B when field A satisfies ANY of the following conditions:

Contains: the letter "a"

Contains: the letter "b"

Contains the letter "c", etc.

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

When you are using the drag and drop interface, you need to leave the field empty.

(The text tag is only used if you are building forms in a text environment.  That's confusing in my explanation... sorry about that!)

empty field.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

If you want to show FieldB only when there is content in FieldA, the condition (for FieldB) is to Show when the trigger field is not empty (null)

FieldB properties.png

The text tag version of that would be something like: {{FieldB_es_:signer1:showif(FieldA!="")}}

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott!

Thank you so much for the quick response. I think we are very close, and most definitely my fault!! I took a screenshot following your implementation and when I viewed the widget the fields were still not hidden.

As previously described, I'm would like to show Q2 only when Q1 contains text. Is it perhaps something that has to do with the syntax of "signer1"? Are all widget signers automatically assigned as signer1? I'm setting this up as a widget link (i.e., anyone with link can sign).

THANK YOU for your help. Sorry for the follow up!!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are using the drag and drop interface, you need to leave the field empty.

(The text tag is only used if you are building forms in a text environment.  That's confusing in my explanation... sorry about that!)

empty field.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scott, thanks so much. Brilliant! AHH, makes total sense. It seems so simple and elegant now that you pointed it out - but I would not have figured this out without your help. Thank you again for your expertise and speedy response!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines