• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

API/Webhooks: Issue creating agreement with authoring status and displaying the corresponding view

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a web developper and I'm integrating the Adobe sign API into a web application in order to send document from the application to Adobe so they can be treated and sign by the designated persons.

The requirement here is to select the documents and receivers on our application to send them to adobe sign's API in order to create an agreement with authoring status and then to display the authoring view so our user is able to modify what's requested and then send the agreement to signers. 

Our web application is coded using Java so I'm using adobe sign java sdk to make api calls https://github.com/adobe-sign/AdobeSignJavaSdk.
The issue here is that once I called createAggreement if I try to retrieve the url of the authoring view (using createAgreementView) right after sending the creation call it's sending me a bad request exception.
What I'm seeing is that at this point the agreement status is DOCUMENTS_NOT_YET_PROCESSED, so I tried waiting a few seconds before calling createAgreementView. After waiting ~4s by documents the agreement is now at authoring status and the view is found with the corresponding url to use.

Making the thread wait for an arbitrary amount of time is not really satisfying for me so I tried to make something cleaner:

• I tried using the asynchronous version of the methods and wait till the callback were resolved but unfortunately with no success: it seems that the callback are resolved before the status of the agreeement changes.
  • I thought that using the webhooks I could received a call to tell my application that my agreement was in authoring status and that I could ask for the authoring view and then display it for my user. No success either, even after suscribing to all the agreement's events I'm not receiving one when the status changes. The only one that I'm receiving is the AGREEMENT_CREATED one just 1 second after the creation call and the status is DOCUMENTS_NOT_YET_PROCESSED.

I guess I'm missing something and there is a way to do this properly, I hope someone can help me on that. If you need more information I will do my best to povide them.
Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
SDK , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?