• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Sign be set to IGNORE existing fields in an Acrobat document?

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complex form that's been completed by multiple parties in a team and now needs to be sent for approval by others via an Adobe Sign workflow.  Trouble is, Adobe sign re-examines all the fields and takes the Signer through every field before they get to the Signature page.  Adobe sign is also flagging format issues with some fields - dates, for example, because it's expecting all dates in US format MMM dd, YY when our fields are set to the Australian standard of dd-MMM-YY.

Is there some way to tell Adobe Sign to ignore existing document fields?  That would save a whole lot of heartache.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello chrisb56631666,

I have moved your question from Community Help to Adobe Sign where the concerned  experts will see it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy - I realised my mistake and posted it there too myself. Bit disappointed nobody from Adobe has been able to provide a response - have attempted to get one via the various support portals and phone numbers to no avail. I know competing products like HelloSign and Docusign can do what I'm asking. If I don't get an answer today I think I'm going to have to recommend a competing product to my client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe support.  This is a user-to-user forum with some infrequent staff participation.  For the most part, you're talking to fellow product users here. 

Unfortunately, I am not an Adobe Sign expert and I don't know if your intended workflow is feasible.  I'll see if I can find another Adobe Community Professional who knows.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, of that I'm aware, but I have seen several threads where Adobe employees have replied and provided "correct answers", so they must keep an eye on the forums. Of course I am grateful for any input from anyone that might solve my problem. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found two ways to solve this issue, which I've posted into the duplicate of this question at https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-Sign/Can-Adobe-SIgn-be-set-to-IGNORE-existing-fields-in-an-Acro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines