• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can EchoSign / Adobe Sign notify another system of an event

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you can specify a callback URL when initiating a new agreement in another system using the Adobe Sign APIs but is there any way to have Adobe Sign call another system (a web service) when an agreement is initiated in the Adobe Sign UI, and when any events happen to that agreement?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darrylc4399845 ,

Could you please elaborate more about your issue.

Exactly which web service are you referring to?

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to have a web service called (one that I will write and make available at a publicly reachable URL) by Adobe Sign when a user creates a document and gets in signed in Adobe Sign.  Basically, I need any documents initiated from within the Adobe Sign UI to get pushed out to an external system (not just an email).

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darrylc4399845

As I can understand you want to initiate the transaction in the Adobe Sign environments, let the user Sign the documents & then direct him to a specific web page. Am I correct?

If yes, then you can achieve it through API.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to direct them to another page.  I want the system (Adobe's UI) to notify another system of the new signed document so that I can use the APIs from the other system to go retrieve the signed document.

So there are 2 systems in this scenario, Adobe's UI and my external system.

1. User creates a document in Adobe Sign UI

2. Users complete signing process in Adobe Sign UI

3. Adobe Sign notifies my external system that the newly signed document exists (by calling a web service hosted by my system)

4. My system uses the Adobe Sign APIs to retrieve the newly signed document from Adobe Sign

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darrylc4399845

Could you please let us know if you are using REST API method or SOAP API method? 

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A REST method. I can make my web service either but I would think REST would be the easiest to call.

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darrylc4399845​,

Please login to your Adobe Sign account, navigate to Account page -> Adobe Sign API -> API Information -> REST API Methods Documentation.

Check for the available Methods under "Agreements". Might be of some help.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand how to use the APIs, that is not the issue.  I want to know if there is functionality in Adobe Sign to notify another system of an event that happens in Adobe Sign.  I'm going to assume the answer is "no" based on our conversation.

Thanks

Darryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this page to review the REST API functionality: REST API — Document e-signature Software — Adobe Sign

The developer center has a list of events that are fired here: Events

I'm not with Adobe, but I hope that helps you out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the reply.  I have seen that information and it doesn't help me with my scenario.  To use those events you have to be hosting the Adobe UI in your own web page and the events are only fired when someone is on that web page.  I was hoping for something in the Adobe system itself that could call a URL when various events occur.  One of their competitors has this functionality and it is very useful.  Thanks.

Darryl

Update:  I think this is the correct answer for Adobe Sign as I don't think there is any other Event mechanism other than hosting the UI in your own page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines