Highlighted

Can't Delete Completed Agreement in Adobe Sign

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for the trial version of Adobe Sign yesterday and tested how it would work to solve an issue with clients I can't currently meet face-to-face with because of COVID-19. It worked great. I sent a document from my (work) trial account to my personal email account, signed the document, and then opened the document in my (work) trial account. Super slick, I thought - this is going to be great! 

But now I can't find one single way to delete the signed (completed) agreement from within Adobe Sign and the document doesn't even appear anywhere in my Adobe Document Cloud. There are no options for deleting the document at all. I've contacted Adobe through chat and they have no solutions for this and have referred me to this page instead. I've read through past discussions and the solutions posted don't work - the screen options I get are not the same as in those solutions - perhaps because since those were posted the product has changed.

I would love help figuring out how to delete completed documents because it will be a necessary step each time I receive a signed document from a client. I don't want any of the signed documents stored in my account or on the cloud. I believe I should ultimately control that information and also should feel good about that. The documents I will be sending for signature will contain personal identifying information and I don't want them stored on the cloud.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Adobe Sign forms, Manage documents, Manage security and compliance, Product information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't Delete Completed Agreement in Adobe Sign

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for the trial version of Adobe Sign yesterday and tested how it would work to solve an issue with clients I can't currently meet face-to-face with because of COVID-19. It worked great. I sent a document from my (work) trial account to my personal email account, signed the document, and then opened the document in my (work) trial account. Super slick, I thought - this is going to be great! 

But now I can't find one single way to delete the signed (completed) agreement from within Adobe Sign and the document doesn't even appear anywhere in my Adobe Document Cloud. There are no options for deleting the document at all. I've contacted Adobe through chat and they have no solutions for this and have referred me to this page instead. I've read through past discussions and the solutions posted don't work - the screen options I get are not the same as in those solutions - perhaps because since those were posted the product has changed.

I would love help figuring out how to delete completed documents because it will be a necessary step each time I receive a signed document from a client. I don't want any of the signed documents stored in my account or on the cloud. I believe I should ultimately control that information and also should feel good about that. The documents I will be sending for signature will contain personal identifying information and I don't want them stored on the cloud.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Adobe Sign forms, Manage documents, Manage security and compliance, Product information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the closest thing I have been able to find that talks about deleting agreements, user information, etc. What I cannot find is anywhere in my account where I have privacy admin rights, even though I set up the account. Maybe this is because I have a free trial and not a paid subscription to Adobe Sign - but I think that even as a free user I should be able to delete a document / control what is in my account. https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/gdpr-compliance.html#Agreements

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there - Suetrnka
I read your post as I am having the same trouble with the trial of adobe sign. I contacted Adobe and they deferred to this community.

I was able to delete one agreement, not sure how that happened because I can't replicate it again. 

Were you able to resolve this issue fully?

Regards,

Sudi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I was not. I'm still very frustrated. I've seen other posts in this community asking the same question, and the responses are all the same - but the options in the responses are not available on my screen/in my account.

The only option I have on the Agreements screen in Adobe Sign is to hide it - which doesn't delete it. 

In the Account screen in Adobe Sign, I do not have Privacy tab as shown in the responses, either.

Not being able to delete completed agreements is a major problem and Adobe needs to address this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SueTrnka - 

I had been looking in the same area, then I stumbled upon this. Check it out, I'll describe as detailed as possible:

1. Log into https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/

2. Click on the blue circle in top right corner that shows your name and email. 

3. Under that you'll see "settings"

4. Select "settings"

5. Settings window -  next to signature setting --> Edit signature settings

6. Click that link. In the left pane, select Privacy.

7. Next to the spy-glass - Enter an email address associated with a known agreement.

8. It will display a list of the agreements, you can select an agreement and on the right you'll see the delete option.

Please try these steps, they worked for me. Good Luck !

Sudi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! You saved me hours of searching!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the concise instructions, it worked! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines