Highlighted

Certificates and For Signature

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem sending For Signature (Adobe Sign) a document which is already signed with a Certificate (Adobe Acrobat Pro 11).

Here's the situation :

Person 1 signs with Certificate (Acrobat) a template containing fields to be later used with Adobe Sign.

This person doesn't use the fields but rather signs elsewhere (above) using the Certificate function.

Person 2 (me) receives by email this signed document and starts the signature cycle with Adobe Sign. The fields for this are already on the form.

The problem is, when I use the For Signature button, the document is converted and the first signature is erased.

I have done this before and it works great. But now for some reason this first signature disappears. Can anyone help?

Person 1 uses Acrobat Pro v11

I use Acrobat DC with the Adobe Sign option

Thks,

Louis

Hi Louis,

As you have mentioned above, once you add the digital signature to PDF and try to send it for signature, the first signature disappears.

It seems that you are using Prepare form tool after adding the signature.

First, try to create a PDF form and then add the digital signature to PDF.

Once the digital signature added, select "Send For Signature" and add the fields required.

Just to inform you once you send the form using Send for Signature, it will flatten the digital signature.

Hope the information helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Topics

Bug Error, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Certificates and For Signature

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem sending For Signature (Adobe Sign) a document which is already signed with a Certificate (Adobe Acrobat Pro 11).

Here's the situation :

Person 1 signs with Certificate (Acrobat) a template containing fields to be later used with Adobe Sign.

This person doesn't use the fields but rather signs elsewhere (above) using the Certificate function.

Person 2 (me) receives by email this signed document and starts the signature cycle with Adobe Sign. The fields for this are already on the form.

The problem is, when I use the For Signature button, the document is converted and the first signature is erased.

I have done this before and it works great. But now for some reason this first signature disappears. Can anyone help?

Person 1 uses Acrobat Pro v11

I use Acrobat DC with the Adobe Sign option

Thks,

Louis

Hi Louis,

As you have mentioned above, once you add the digital signature to PDF and try to send it for signature, the first signature disappears.

Once the digital signature added, select "Send For Signature" and add the fields required.

Just to inform you once you send the form using Send for Signature, it will flatten the digital signature.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Topics

Bug Error, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 22, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Sign warns about removing incompatible fields. The two signature workflows are probably incompatible and the signed field is removed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louis,

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2018 1
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meenakshi,

Indeed things would work the way you suggest. But .... the idea here is to avoid having to recreate the fields every time.

Thks for your reply,

Louis

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Louis,

If you already have created the form fields in PDF when you have first created the form, they will get auto detected when you use Send for signature.

Hence, you do not need to add the form fields again.

You will just need to assign the form fields to the recipient as required.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2018 1