• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the name associated with a recipient's email address?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a draft document where I put in a recipient's email. On the page where I drag and drop signature blocks, that email address is listed as a person's name who used to be in control of the email account but no longer is. How can I change the name that shows up when I put in that email address?

(In normal emails, the actual email address' "name" is a program name - so if they sent someone a normal email the sender's name would be the program name, not the person's name who is showing up in adobe sign. So the problem isn't on the end of the actual email address.)

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Greetings!

The Name value is imported from Adobe Sign, not Salesforce.

At some point, an agreement was sent to "john.smith@test.company.com", and the person that received that signature link entered "Linda Perry" as the name value.  It's possible that the original party forwarded their email to Linda, or entered Linda as a test value.

The best solution would be to log in to the user with the email address john.smith@test.company.com (in Adobe Sign), and change the name value associated with that a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Adobe Acrobat Sign offers the ability to require recipient names upon signing and to update recipient names. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-require-recipient-name.html for details

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Adobe Acrobat Sign offers the ability to require recipient names to be a certain format when sending the agreement out for signature. If the agreement is already sent and you need to correct a recipient's name, you can do that as well. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-require-recipient-name.html for details

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Hi Lisa296353964iem,

Thank you for reaching out.

It can be an issue at the recipient's end. The account name of that user for the Acrobat Sign account is set as that. 

We can check if you can share the recipient's email address in a private message. 

You may send a private message using the envelope icon at the top right corner of the community page. Or you may ask the user to check the name set on his Acrobat Sign profile. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott_Chicago,

Would you mind sharing the email address used to send the document in a private message? Also, the name that appears and the name it should be. It would be helpful if you share the screenshot.

We will be checking the user's account name on the Adobe account.  

Use the envelope icon at the top right corner to initiate the private message.

Please do let us know when you send the private message.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still haven't received a reply via message??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Scott, we support the ability to require recipient names to be a certain format when sending the agreement out for signature.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-require-recipient-name.html for details and let us know if you have any more trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have the option to “edit” the name of the recipient as shown in the example in the link you sent.

Scott Roth

Scott Roth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott_Chicago,

Sorry about the delay in response.

Thank you for sharing the information in a private message.

We did check the account associated with the email address, and the name on the account is the same as it appears on your end. It seems the email address associated with the Adobe account was registered with a different name.  

In this case, nothing much can be done from your end. The recipient will need to check and update the user name on his Adobe account.

You may share the following help document with the recipient: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/change-adobe-sign-profile-name-for-adobe-id.html.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I am running a trial copy of Sign for Salesforce and I sent out a test document for signing however the name on the email is different to my recipient in Salesforce. The email is correct but the name doesn't even appear in my Salesforce database. The email that I received says "Test Letter sent out for signature to Linda Perry." When I look at the Adobe Sign dashboard it says To: Linda Perry (john.smith@test.company.com). Where did this Linda Perry come from?

Thanks for any help folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

The Name value is imported from Adobe Sign, not Salesforce.

At some point, an agreement was sent to "john.smith@test.company.com", and the person that received that signature link entered "Linda Perry" as the name value.  It's possible that the original party forwarded their email to Linda, or entered Linda as a test value.

The best solution would be to log in to the user with the email address john.smith@test.company.com (in Adobe Sign), and change the name value associated with that account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you man by "The best solution would be to log in to the user with the email address john.smith@test.company.com (in Adobe Sign), and change the name value associated with that account." we are talking about the recipient email that is associated with the wrong name. For example I enter john.citizen@gmail.com in the first screen to request a signature. When I go to the next step, on the right hand side, under RECEPIENTS it is showing the correct email but the name associated is incorrect. For example insteaf of showing John Citizen (john.citizen@gmail.com) it is showing Christine Citizen (john.citizen@gmail.com)

How do i change CHRISTINE Citizen to JOHN Citizen so it shows corecttly as John Citizen (john.citizen@gmail.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow AdobeSign has associated an incorrect name with the email address of someone that needs to sign the document. How do I change the name associated with an email address?  I never assigned the name and I don't know where it came from.  The incorrect name is also being added to the document in blue by AdobeSign when the correct person signs the document-- that's the biggest problem.  At the very least I need to keep AdobeSign from adding the incorrect name to the document.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Do you have any updates to this issue?  It was first brought up over two years ago: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-sign/how-can-i-change-the-name-associated-with-a-recipient-s-em...

I encountered it today, and now have to manage additional confusion with clients all due to this automatic naming that doesn't have any controls or settings. 

This is not at all the kind of bugs and poor cloud software design that I expect out of a professional digital signature service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is insane that you don't have a fix for this yet.  I need to edit a name that shows up as a nickname instead of the full name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix for this yet?  I can't do business this way.  Maybe DocuSign is the way to go for e-signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sandra257072591044  and @Gillian5C82  - please see the latest update on this feature request here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-require-recipient-name.html. I believe your request should now be supported in Adobe Acrobat Sign. Hope this is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Sign offers the ability to require recipient names upon signing and to update recipient names. Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/sign-require-recipient-name.html for details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send out a document for signature, the signature fields match the email addresses and recipients that I am trying to send the doc to.  However, when I get confirmation that the doc was sent to the recipients, one of the recipients has the correct email address listed for them but an unknown name appeara (Silas Apple). I have no idea who this individual is.  I thought that I had made a mistake, but the exact thing happened on subsequent attempts, despite double checking the names prior to sending the doc.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

There are two potential sources for the result depending on when you are seeing the name value:

1. The recipient is not a registered Adobe Sign user (meaning they haven't set a password and formally created a user account in Adobe Sign. Most recipients fall into this group)
    • Before an unregistered recipient signs the agreement, they are unknown to Adobe Sign and the templates insert the email address (as it's the only known identifier of the recipient)
    • After the unregistered recipient signs the agreement, the templates insert whatever string the recipient used to sign the agreement. Adobe Sign does not seek to alter the signature in any way, so if the signer types in their name in all lower case (or all numbers, etc) then Adobe Sign faithfully transfers that value to the subsequent templates (agreement activity, audit reports, etc)
  2. The recipient is a known (registered) Adobe Sign user.  When a registered user is included in an agreement, their name value is automatically inserted into the name fields related to the agreement (email templates and whatnot). This value is the saved Name value in the user's profile. Only the and admin or the owner of the user's account can change this value.
    • However, the user can clear the name and add any other value they want. 
      • Adobe Sign does not seek to alter the chosen signature string, so all lower case is viable
      • For the subsequent emails and logs, the recipient will be referred to by the name-value applied at the time of signing
      • This does not change the name value in the registered user's profile, and when they are prompted to sign again, their profile name will be inserted again

Hopefully that is helpful, but if more clarification is needed, please let us know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

there seems to be a mix up with some email addresses when it comes to Adobe Sign.
A colleague of mine sent me the attached screenshot.
The recipients names do not correspond with the email addresses that I use.

I enter the correct email addresses when preparing the document for signature but once I am forwarded to the signing page, the receipients are displayed with an incorrect name.

I already tried deleting the auto-fill for the email addresses but it did not change anything. It does not seem to be an internal issue since not every email address I enter has this problem.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisa296353964iem,

It can be an issue at the recipient's end. The account name of that user for the Acrobat Sign account is set as that. 

We can check if you can share the recipient's email address in a private message. 

You may send a private message using the envelope icon at the top right corner of the community page. Or you may ask the user to check the name set on his Acrobat Sign profile. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

thank you for your suggestion.
The issue occurs for users that don't have an Acrobat Sign account so they are not able to check the name set on the Acrobat sign profile.

Thank you,

Lisa Kammer
Executive Assistant

[cid:image001.jpg@01D9870D.700A7B40]
VMRay GmbH | Suttner-Nobel-Allee 7 | 44803 Bochum

Executive Board: Carsten Willems, Ralf Hund
Register Court: Amtsgericht Bochum HRB 14688

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Every time I send a document for signing to a customer's email address it comes up and signs with the incorrect name.  This only happens with one customer.  I.E the email address is john.smith@email.com and the name is signed as Joe Bloggs. They have said that they are unable to change this when they sign. Does anyone know how this can be changed?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue.  Is there a fix for this problem other than upgrading to an "Enterprise" service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding signature recipients by email Adobe Sign is auto-completing a display name. Where is this information stored as it is oncorrect for multiple clients. This looks bad and is confusing at best legally questionable at worst as the name is wrong. How can I remove or edit auto-complete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helsell,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response.

As I understand, you are referring that the name for the recipient auto-correct itself the display name. 

It may be the Check spelling option is enabled for the field. 

When adding the emails, click on the recipient filed to select it. Then right-click on the field and check if the "Check Spelling" is selected on the list. If yes, click on it to uncheck the option.

Check if that helps.

Let us know if the issue still occurs.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same problem as Helsell5FB9 and cannot work out how to fix it.  I am creating a Word file, uploading it to Adobe Sign then using the drag-and-drop function to add name, signature and date.  However, after sending it to the recipient, the name field appears to be automatically filled and cannot be edited for some users.  It looks as if the document was created with that name, which is a terrible look.  The name that gets automatically filled is their email display name (not email address), which is not always the same as the signers real / legal name.  

Can anyone or a support member please provide a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines