Highlighted

Circular Reference in Form Fields

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

|'m hoping someone will be able to assist.

I've created a questionnaire which I'm trying to add form fields to, but the system is rejection my conditions as it says I'm creating a circular reference.

Let's say for example this is the text with my data fields. I basically want the other options to the question removed once a selection has been made. In other words, if I select the 1st answer, options 2-4 must be removed. If I select the 2nd answer, options 1, 3-4 must be removed etc.

I added the condition as follows for each but its creating a circular reference.

How do I load a condition so that this works?

Topics

Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Circular Reference in Form Fields

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

|'m hoping someone will be able to assist.

I've created a questionnaire which I'm trying to add form fields to, but the system is rejection my conditions as it says I'm creating a circular reference.

Let's say for example this is the text with my data fields. I basically want the other options to the question removed once a selection has been made. In other words, if I select the 1st answer, options 2-4 must be removed. If I select the 2nd answer, options 1, 3-4 must be removed etc.

I added the condition as follows for each but its creating a circular reference.

How do I load a condition so that this works?

Topics

Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
csperez LATEST
New Here ,
May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm assuming you've added these fields as checkboxes because of the second screenshot you've added. If these options are mutually exclusive as you're describing, why not add a Radio Button group instead. If you prefer the square checkbox look, you can change the appearance by right-clicking the field and clicking Edit > Appearance.

-Cesar

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines