Highlighted

Create fields in PowerPoint templates that then are recognised by Adobe Sign when PDFs are produced

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've recently discovered Adobe Sign - so we can now send the documents using that for the clients to sign electronically.

One thing I was wondering is whether the client name, position, date and signature boxes, which they would complete using Adobe Sign, can be embedded into the PowerPoint template somehow - so that when the PowerPoint template is edited for each proposal and then saved and converted to PDF - the resulting document would already have the relevant form fields in there for Adobe Sign to pick up - to save the users having to add those fields manually onto the PDF within Adobe Sign.

I gather within Adobe's Workflow Automation you could kind of do some of this - but as far as I can tell it wouldn't work if the document wasn't a template saved within the Doc Library - in our case the PowerPoint has already been edited with various project-specific slides etc - so it would no longer be a template once converted to PDF and getting signature.

Hope that's at least remotely clear!?

Topics

Adobe Sign forms, Workflow designer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create fields in PowerPoint templates that then are recognised by Adobe Sign when PDFs are produced

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've recently discovered Adobe Sign - so we can now send the documents using that for the clients to sign electronically.

One thing I was wondering is whether the client name, position, date and signature boxes, which they would complete using Adobe Sign, can be embedded into the PowerPoint template somehow - so that when the PowerPoint template is edited for each proposal and then saved and converted to PDF - the resulting document would already have the relevant form fields in there for Adobe Sign to pick up - to save the users having to add those fields manually onto the PDF within Adobe Sign.

I gather within Adobe's Workflow Automation you could kind of do some of this - but as far as I can tell it wouldn't work if the document wasn't a template saved within the Doc Library - in our case the PowerPoint has already been edited with various project-specific slides etc - so it would no longer be a template once converted to PDF and getting signature.

Hope that's at least remotely clear!?

Topics

Adobe Sign forms, Workflow designer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what you're asking for is text-tags.  It's regular text in a special format you add to the document which instructs Sign to insert a field at that position in the document, e.g.:

Required signature block:​
{{*sig_es_:signer1:signatureblock}}​

See https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/text-tag.html.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines