Highlighted

Document deletion/retention policy

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to delete signed agreements from my account. The only option that appears to be available is to 'hide' them. I want them deleted, preferably one-by-one as I am ready to delete them, but a generic 30-day deletion policy would be ok as well. How can I accomplish this now?

Topics

Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Document deletion/retention policy

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to delete signed agreements from my account. The only option that appears to be available is to 'hide' them. I want them deleted, preferably one-by-one as I am ready to delete them, but a generic 30-day deletion policy would be ok as well. How can I accomplish this now?

Topics

Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hide button replaced the delete button, according to support.  The hide button is deleting (Same functionality).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to delete signed documents from the adobe document cloud. I want the files deleted. However, I can only find a "hide" button. "hide" indicates to me, that it just doesnt show up in the view anymore but it is still there.

so what is the suggested way to delete documents? I cant find information on it.

I would like to have an official statement of adobe how to deal with deletion of documents. the comment "hide" and "delete" is the same functionality isnt satisfactory. Then call it delete b/c hide and delete is two different things

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i made the test: just signed a random pdf, sent it by "generate link" and then tried that hide button.

the document disappears from the account management as is what's expected by hiding something. However, the link to download the document is still valid and opens up the document.

from this I figured that the comment above about "hide and delete is the same" is wrong. Please avoid to comment having only superficial knowlege, it doesnt help but only confuses more.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Hide and delete aren't the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I talked to the adobe customer service and the response I got was:

all documents are going to be deleted once you have your account with adobe deleted. That would be sure with adobe.

I mentioned that this wouldnt be a smart strategy but also understood that it doesnt make sense to argue that with the customer service. In my opinion, adobe needs to change their policy on that if they want to attract people who have some sense of cyber security

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's totally awful. I don't want these documents sitting out there forever and liked how I was able to delete them as needed in the past.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

With the new experience of Adobe Sign, the hide button has replaced the delete button. For more details about the new format in May-2019 release Adobe Sign Release Notes , please refer to the "Hide Content" of this help article- New Manage page format

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with the previous user on this and ask Adobe to advise when this policy will change.

Given the nature of the documents we are using this service for, we cannot afford to not have the ability to delete these documents.

I will be turning to alternative providers until / unless Adobe amends this functionality.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly. I mean even if adobe provides a delete button, you cannot control whether they actually delete it off their server. It will most certainly stay on some kind of backup versioning system. However, the minimum control that a user of their services must have is a way to make it inaccessable to the public. With public I mean the download link you get

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information on the "hide" function, Akanchha. I see that "unhide" is scheduled for a future release.

Now how do I DELETE a document I don't want retained in the Document Cloud environment? And can you have someone explain why the delete function of a signed document was removed? We have a data retention policy internally that requires us to delete documents a certain period of time after the document becomes obsolete. If it is no longer possible to delete a document, then I am in violation of our company retention policy by using Adobe Sign. I'll need to find another alternative.

I have been using Adobe Sign since it was Echo Sign, and would like to retain it. Unfortunately it has become more user unfriendly this year, first with the UX change, and now this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The "Delete" button in Adobe Sign is just replaced by the "Hide" button. However, there is no change in the function of this button.

The delete button used to hide the document from the Manage page, however, the document was never deleted from the account.

The Hide button in the Adobe Sign has the same function. It will hide the document from the Manage page. The document will not be deleted from the account.

To delete the document permanently from the Adobe Sign account, you will need the data retention policy.

For more details about the data retention policy, please refer to the following help document.

- Adobe Sign - Document Retention

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive read the data retention policies but can you tell us specifically how to change them? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
decwatts LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example how do we change it to automatically delete documents from the cloud after sending them? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines