• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I resend a signed document for signature?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 of the 5 people have signed the document. Person 3 can't find the document to sign. Is there a way to resend the document with the two previous signatures to person 3 and continue the signing chain to persons 4 and 5. I am hoping to not have to start the whole process over and have persons 1 and 2 resign.

TOPICS
Manage documents , Send documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Hi Allen,

I believe you would have to cancel that transaction, and then make the necessary changes to the orignal file and send it again for signature.

Regards,
Rahul Tyagi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Hi garyw12611328,

You might need to send the document again by adding additional email IDs in the 'To' field.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Hello Genevieve,

Once the document is signed, it's not possible to resend it. I would recommend to re-initiate a new transaction and send it out for signature.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Hi!

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks for well explaining the complete workflow. As the document was sent for signature to two signers, where one has already signed. In this case, signing has been done (even by one), so now the document is secured and restricted to make further changes.

You can't send the same document for signature. You have to start the whole process again with a fresh (with no signature on it) document. To know more about managing, sending agreements for signatures, th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, check if Person 3's email address in the agreement route is correct then you can send a reminder to Person 3. Here is the guide to add a reminder - https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/set-reminders.html#Manage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the reminder include the document or just an email stating there is a document needing signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello where would i find the manage tab? its no where on my adobe account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the article you reference an "account tab" that I don't have. How do I simply resend if someone deleted the first document to sign? Case: I have a document that took me a long time to get sign-off from 5 people and now number 6 doesn't have the document. I do not want to have to resend to all 6 and restart this process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to resend the agreement from canceled list for signature? 

If agreement sent back by the first siginng person in the list and just needs to be amended, it is possible to resend it again (same way as "edit" for drafts) or create a copy to drafts and resend?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, Just a little help. I have sent a document out for signature for two managers to sign one has rejected after the first has signed. I have tried to resend now it is saying the document is not valid and won't let me resend. Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I hope you are doing well.

Thanks for well explaining the complete workflow. As the document was sent for signature to two signers, where one has already signed. In this case, signing has been done (even by one), so now the document is secured and restricted to make further changes.

You can't send the same document for signature. You have to start the whole process again with a fresh (with no signature on it) document. To know more about managing, sending agreements for signatures, this article will help: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/manage-documents-sent-for-signature.html

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I resend a signed document to others for additional signatures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garyw12611328,

You might need to send the document again by adding additional email IDs in the 'To' field.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed a signature field when I sent a document out for signatures, but didn't realize it until I'd downloaded the signed form.  I tried to go back in to indicate the missed field and resend it for signature, but it kept telling me that the file wasn't a supported file type even though it's a .pdf.  Are there security measures set up to keep you from sending out a signed document more than once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add extras signature fields for signing. Try opening the pdf does it open is Acrobat or Acrobat Reader? You need to download the pdf and reupload for signing. Worst possible case, print, scan and then upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A document was sent to multiple recipients.

One recipient tried to sign it but somehow sent it on with a partial signature.

Can I resend the same document to that person to sign again?

I don't want to send the a new document again then the people who correctly signed it will have to do it again.

Regards,

Martin Kozma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2016 Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not try it. Resend the partially signed document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document template that requires Signer 1 to fill in answers to questions and then sign before being sent to Signer 2. Signer 1 has completed the necessary fields, but the information isn't correct. Is there a way to reopen the form and send it back to them to complete the missing details that doesn't require them to start all over again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Genevieve,

Once the document is signed, it's not possible to resend it. I would recommend to re-initiate a new transaction and send it out for signature.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I edit a document I have already sent then resend it for a signature?

‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Allen,

I believe you would have to cancel that transaction, and then make the necessary changes to the orignal file and send it again for signature.

Regards,
Rahul Tyagi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completed my request for signature to two parties and 1 received it but the other person insist that he/she did not receive it.  How do I resend the same document to that person without having to redo the entire process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is what I do. I save the document as a PDF, then go back into Adobe and drag and drop the document into the box where you add for signature. Then you can request signatures again for just that 3rd person. No need to fill out all the paperwork again, or the other signers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines