Highlighted

Documents for initials only

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a real estate broker using Adobe Sign for transaction documents.

I like Adobe Sign but have one major beef. When we receive an offer to purchase, we have the option to accept, reject or counter. When we counter an offer, our clients only initial the offer. They do not sign with a signature anywhere.

Adobe Sign does not allow a document to only be initialed, requiring a full signature somewhere in the document., This is critical for me and other real estate brokers. We need to send out docs that require initials only.

Can't you fix this?

Thanks,

Rick Padden

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It seems that you are referring to an option where the receiver does not have to sign the document.

There is an option where you can assign a role to the receiver.

Please refer to this help document Adobe Sign Roles for Recipients to check the different roles that you can assign the receiver.

I did check that you have Adobe Sign individual account.

As you can check in the help document, the option to assign the roles available in Enterprise account.

It will not work with your current Adobe Sign account.

If you are referring to something else, please let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Topics

Feature Request or Idea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Documents for initials only

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a real estate broker using Adobe Sign for transaction documents.

I like Adobe Sign but have one major beef. When we receive an offer to purchase, we have the option to accept, reject or counter. When we counter an offer, our clients only initial the offer. They do not sign with a signature anywhere.

Adobe Sign does not allow a document to only be initialed, requiring a full signature somewhere in the document., This is critical for me and other real estate brokers. We need to send out docs that require initials only.

Can't you fix this?

Thanks,

Rick Padden

Hi Rick,

It seems that you are referring to an option where the receiver does not have to sign the document.

Please refer to this help document Adobe Sign Roles for Recipients to check the different roles that you can assign the receiver.

As you can check in the help document, the option to assign the roles available in Enterprise account.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Topics

Feature Request or Idea

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue, too, and I don't think the staff response understands that in this case, the initials are serving the function of the signature. We use AdobeSign for internal routing/approvals, where the initials suffice. The document I routed today added an uneccesary and redundant signature field at the bottom of the document. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Were you able to resolve this? I'm facing the same issue! 

thanks 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we have the same issue and are very interested in a solution. To work around, we have to add an empty page to the document. After signature process, we can delete this document.

Please, give us another solution 🙂

Regards,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in real estate too and you needto have a future tenant intial certain clasues.

the only option you have with fill and sign is signature date or check box. 

If you hit the advanced option at the bottom there is the choice for intinals but I could not get that to work well 

but it is there.

We need the drop down for intitals when adding signatures to a document 

Help  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we are using rest api version 5 to create the agreement

we are facing issue where initials are getting lost/removed/hidden . other tags like signature,fullname etc are there but only initial field is getting removed/lost/hide.

signer are able to see there initials while time of signature but not able to see other signer intials, but other signer fullname ,signature is visible.

Even after document is signed by all signer, all fields are visible only initials are missing for all signer.

can anyone suggest  any solution for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dave.edu LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't know if you got your problem solved but when you assign the document to a signer, place the field. On the right hand side of the document, switch on "Advanced editing on". When you flip that tab, go back to the signature field, right click, then you can change the signature field to initials. I have found to make this work, you need to make sure to have the tab switched off to place the field, and then switched on to edit the field.

I hope this makes sense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines