• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents for initials only

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a real estate broker using Adobe Sign for transaction documents.

I like Adobe Sign but have one major beef. When we receive an offer to purchase, we have the option to accept, reject or counter. When we counter an offer, our clients only initial the offer. They do not sign with a signature anywhere.

Adobe Sign does not allow a document to only be initialed, requiring a full signature somewhere in the document., This is critical for me and other real estate brokers. We need to send out docs that require initials only.

Can't you fix this?

Thanks,

Rick Padden

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It seems that you are referring to an option where the receiver does not have to sign the document.

There is an option where you can assign a role to the receiver.

Please refer to this help document Adobe Sign Roles for Recipients to check the different roles that you can assign the receiver.

I did check that you have Adobe Sign individual account.

As you can check in the help document, the option to assign the roles available in Enterprise account.

It will no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It seems that you are referring to an option where the receiver does not have to sign the document.

There is an option where you can assign a role to the receiver.

Please refer to this help document Adobe Sign Roles for Recipients to check the different roles that you can assign the receiver.

I did check that you have Adobe Sign individual account.

As you can check in the help document, the option to assign the roles available in Enterprise account.

It will not work with your current Adobe Sign account.

If you are referring to something else, please let us know.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue, too, and I don't think the staff response understands that in this case, the initials are serving the function of the signature. We use AdobeSign for internal routing/approvals, where the initials suffice. The document I routed today added an uneccesary and redundant signature field at the bottom of the document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Were you able to resolve this? I'm facing the same issue! 

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we have the same issue and are very interested in a solution. To work around, we have to add an empty page to the document. After signature process, we can delete this document.

Please, give us another solution 🙂

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in real estate too and you needto have a future tenant intial certain clasues.

the only option you have with fill and sign is signature date or check box. 

If you hit the advanced option at the bottom there is the choice for intinals but I could not get that to work well 

but it is there.

We need the drop down for intitals when adding signatures to a document 

Help  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we are using rest api version 5 to create the agreement

we are facing issue where initials are getting lost/removed/hidden . other tags like signature,fullname etc are there but only initial field is getting removed/lost/hide.

signer are able to see there initials while time of signature but not able to see other signer intials, but other signer fullname ,signature is visible.

Even after document is signed by all signer, all fields are visible only initials are missing for all signer.

can anyone suggest  any solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I don't know if you got your problem solved but when you assign the document to a signer, place the field. On the right hand side of the document, switch on "Advanced editing on". When you flip that tab, go back to the signature field, right click, then you can change the signature field to initials. I have found to make this work, you need to make sure to have the tab switched off to place the field, and then switched on to edit the field.

I hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  This worked for me today.  THANK YOU!  A simple switch for all of this.  LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This literally does not address the question in any way.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

The Role of the recipient impacts which fields are required.  The Role also populates logging events relative to the role selected.

A "Signer" of an agreement must sign. No way around it.  and the collateral logging refers to the recipient's actions using the term "sign" or "signer".  (eg: "Waiting to Sign"; Signed, etc)

An "Approver" role does not require a signature.  The various terms used will refer to the recipient approving the agreement or waiting to be approved.

If your organization can live with the terminology in the logging being something other than "signing" then using any role other than Signer will allow an agreement to be completed with just the initials.

Hope this is helpful!

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The challenge is that if you have an individual account, you cannot change/assign new roles. You must have an enterprise account, according to @MeenakshiNegi's comments above. The only work around (with an individual account) is to insert a blank cover page that can be signed and discarded.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the "Approver" suggestions apply to what the original post requested.  The 'Enterprise' level approver option (which is what I have on a government account) according to Adobe's support note is simply an 'internal approval' option before it is sent for 'signature' to actual recipients.  There would be no way to close or likely to send the document without 'actual recipients' being required to sign.  "The approver role works well for situations where someone needs to "okay" a document before it's sent off to the signer."

The original post of this community thread simply wants the ability for the 'actual recipients' to have an "inital the document only" option, with NO signature required anywhere.  This is not a current feature at any paid level (even Enterprise), and many in real-estate and myself included, would like to see Adobe make this an option, which should be a part of even the "Individual" account level (not just small business or enterprise level), as it is a common need for even the most basic documents. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the enterprise version and we are having the same issue.  We shouldn't  have to switch something on and off to make this work. This is confusing to many of our staff. Just make the initials field, just that, without the extra additional signature field at the end of the document. You might as well not have the inital field ifyou have to sign anyway.  Make it make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See solution below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! Check the "Advanced Editing On" button at the top right corner, then click "signature fields", then DRAG the "initials" box to your document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

***NOT SOLVED *** - Please see the picture showing the real needs posted in this thread.  There still is no solution to this 4 year old thread.  Please Adobe, all we want is the ability to add a person whose 'only need' is to approve a document via "initials" only as per the area underlined in green.  We do NOT want the extra page that you auto amend to the bottom of any "Initials only required" document, e.g. the big red X area.  Go ahead and just stuff that extra unnecessary info in the Audit Report only so we do not have to waste time deleting a page that we did not create, nor want. 

Adobe-SIgn-Fix-Please.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and according to Cheri's post, Adobe actually does not have a solution in their Enterprise level either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the enterprise version and have found I can identify those needing to initial only as an "Acceptor" in lieu of as a signer and this allows me to insert the initial field for them; seems to work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran through a complete test document implementing your suggestion, which I was not aware of, (not sure when they added that), but it worked.  Huge thanks from those who have been looking for a solution for a very long time!  For anyone else watching the thread, what Patricia is referring to is here, and it works like a charm!  

defaultb1hxff24ozko_0-1669763351361.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to get the same results using the Approver role.  It would have been better for all in this thread if the reply from Adobe in 2019 just said, "For recipients that only need to initial, the Approver or Acceptor role are the appropriate roles to use, see this link for more information..." rather than just linking to an Adobe Sign role description page.  It should be noted that I am using an Enterprise account & not all options are available to all accounts, but the Approver role is available to a small business account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines