• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know how to change the default message in the send for e-sign?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you send a document to be reviewed and signed (in my case for proofing purposes), is there anyway to change their is default message that comes up that basically says review and sign [the document's file name you sent]. Currently, I have one on my notepad that I have to constantly open and copy paste. There must be somewhere where that message can be altered. Has anyone done it and how did you do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Hello Wayne,

That's the system configured message shown in email sent out. You can only customise the message you type in the Message box while sending the document out for signature.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wayne,

That's the system configured message shown in email sent out. You can only customise the message you type in the Message box while sending the document out for signature.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to change the default message from "Please review and complete this document" to anything else other than typing it in for every single email you send out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rijul

I would also like to see this function. In my profession we have a legal requirement to have certain wording in written communications. It is very annoying having to cut & paste that each time, particularly that I seem to get timed out after about 30 seconds or so and have to start all over! Grrrrrrr Would be great to have a template. Used to use Docusign and they have it in the Profile set-up, and disappointed that Adobe doesn't have what seems to be a very basic function.

Thanks

BK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

infomax_accountancy wrote:

Would be great to have a template. Used to use Docusign and they have it in the Profile set-up, and disappointed that Adobe doesn't have what seems to be a very basic function.

Hi Infomax,

What a great idea! Adobe has a form for feature requests here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for this specific function as well. This would be a great addition to the Adobe Sign software if it could happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caitlynn

Please can you elaborate a bit more on what it is that you are trying to achieve as Adobe Sign does have the functionality to customise the email message that is sent.  Are you refering to changing the wording? If so this can be done either through message templates see instructions on what to do here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/how-to-create-message-templates.html

If you are refering to changing the look and feel of the email message then this can be done through the Adobe Professional Services team for more information and the guideline see: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/custom-email-templates.html 

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Sharing our knowledge today for your use tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this does not help.  I do not have anything listed as  "message templates" under my account settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!

I see Adobe support pages like this: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/how-to-create-message-templates.html

But there is no Message Templates under my Account Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From My understanding, unfortunately it is available only to Corporate version which is really rediculus, why I have to copy paste every time 

there is another way to try is to save it as a template which means you have to work from the web browser not from local files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the same issue.  Surely, there is a way to be able to change such a basic feature as ther default message that is sent with the pdf for signing?  Please advise how this can be done.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really unaccepatble that such a basic feature is not available except in your Enterprise version. We will no longer use Adobe.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This is a pathetic feature to paywall. Especially as this page sells customosation as a feature: https://www.adobe.com/nz/sign/features/branding.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue now. You can add your own words to the default message but are unable to delete any words. I've always thought Adobe E-sign is inferior to DocuSign. The company purchased Adobe so here we are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bombgirl547,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the delayed response.

You may remove the default message and type it in your message when sending the document.

However, with an Acrobat Sign business or enterprise plan, you may create message templates and use those templates while sending documents for signatures. For more information, refer to the following page: https://adobe.ly/3xdjnz4

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines