• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does EU 14 day cooling off period apply to people signing e-signature contracts ?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to start using e-signature to send contracts to tenants for signing. I am aware that e-signatures are legally binding, however are contracts sent by email considered distance selling under eu regulations and therefore allowing those that sign , a mandatory 14 day cooling off period ( that does not apply if they sign a hardcopy in person ?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Hi Charlesg,

If I understand your query correctly, you are referring to the Adobe Sign-14days trial period for the end users whether they will be able to sign the document if the trial ends?

If yes, then 14-days trial period form Adobe Sign has nothing to do with the signer. The signer can sign the document even when the sender's trial period has ended. It just the sender wont be able to receive any notification neither the signed copy.

, a mandatory 14 day cooling off period ( that does not appl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlesg,

If I understand your query correctly, you are referring to the Adobe Sign-14days trial period for the end users whether they will be able to sign the document if the trial ends?

If yes, then 14-days trial period form Adobe Sign has nothing to do with the signer. The signer can sign the document even when the sender's trial period has ended. It just the sender wont be able to receive any notification neither the signed copy.

, a mandatory 14 day cooling off period ( that does not apply if they sign a hardcopy in person ?

Thank you

No, that doesn't apply if they sign a hard copy in person.

Let us know if this is what you were referring to.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines