Highlighted

File won't open

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I trouble shoot a file that won't open ? Apple sr advisor and engineers cant figure it out .

Topics

Bug Error, From the Product Team, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File won't open

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I trouble shoot a file that won't open ? Apple sr advisor and engineers cant figure it out .

Topics

Bug Error, From the Product Team, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bradt,

What type of file you are referring to and are you opening it using Adobe Acrobat DC or online? Is it a form that you have received?

Also, do you get any error  message when opening file? We need a bot more information to understand the issue clearly.

There might be some security issue with the file, or the sender has applied some restrictions which not allowing the file to be opened.

Related Link: Can't open PDF

Regards,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a PDF. I can’t even send it as an attachment to show you because it from a 361kb file to an over 5gb file during the attachment process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the disk directory is corrupted. Try following these directions. https://support.apple.com/guide/disk-utility/repair-a-disk-dskutl1040/mac

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing,

Thanks anyhow

Brad T.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that didn't help, but it still sounds like the file is corrupt. Can you copy the file to an external drive? Does the size of the file change? Can you compress the file? If so, you can send or post the file somewhere for us to look at, if the file is not confidential.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to email the file and it became over a 5gb behemoth.

Can I make it available via Drop Box ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 GB is too large, if you compress/zip the file it should be more manageable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines