Highlighted

Get Signature In Person still sending email requesting signature

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just starting to use Adobe Sign to capture client's signatures instead of printing pages and having them sign with a pen, however I'm running into an issue here.  These are my steps:

Complete a spreadsheet in Google Sheets

Download as PDF

Open in Adobe Sign on iOS

Select "Get Signature In Person"

add the document (previously downloaded), a single recipient, select "Preview and Add Signature Fields" and then click Sign

The document is prepared, I add the signature field and then click sign

I'm presented with a screen allowing my client to sign

***An email is being sent to the recipient requesting a signature, even though I selected "Get Signature In Person"

Once finished, a copy of the signed PDF is sent to myself and the client

My issue is, my clients are getting confused because theyre signing in person but also receiving an email requesting that they sign.  From my understanding, the whole purpose of selecting "Get Signature In Person" would be to skip the email to the client requesting their signature and to only send them a copy of the PDF once it has been signed and finished.

I am also open to doing this differently, if Adobe Sign is not the right way to do this...but it seems like someone forgot to skip the first email being send if "Get Signature In Person" is selected!

Topics

Bug Error, Feature Request or Idea, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Get Signature In Person still sending email requesting signature

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just starting to use Adobe Sign to capture client's signatures instead of printing pages and having them sign with a pen, however I'm running into an issue here.  These are my steps:

Complete a spreadsheet in Google Sheets

Download as PDF

Open in Adobe Sign on iOS

Select "Get Signature In Person"

add the document (previously downloaded), a single recipient, select "Preview and Add Signature Fields" and then click Sign

The document is prepared, I add the signature field and then click sign

I'm presented with a screen allowing my client to sign

***An email is being sent to the recipient requesting a signature, even though I selected "Get Signature In Person"

Once finished, a copy of the signed PDF is sent to myself and the client

My issue is, my clients are getting confused because theyre signing in person but also receiving an email requesting that they sign.  From my understanding, the whole purpose of selecting "Get Signature In Person" would be to skip the email to the client requesting their signature and to only send them a copy of the PDF once it has been signed and finished.

I am also open to doing this differently, if Adobe Sign is not the right way to do this...but it seems like someone forgot to skip the first email being send if "Get Signature In Person" is selected!

Topics

Bug Error, Feature Request or Idea, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2019 1

Have something to add?