Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a page to an existing library template file

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to add a page/file to an existing file in the library template section? When I select the document and click edit I do not see anyway to add another page to my existing and formatted document. I have a contract with all cells set, but I need to add warranty information.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Hi bryanm81164379

You can only edit the form fields in the Library template no other changes are possible.

You will have to again upload the document with the added page & again place the form fields.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bryanm81164379

You can only edit the form fields in the Library template no other changes are possible.

You will have to again upload the document with the added page & again place the form fields.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous and a huge omision that would make the usability of this software loads better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1000% agree. Why wouldnt this have this option. I have a 24 page document that has signatures and intials throughout.  i perodicanlly need to add to this and its a HUGE pain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a horrible optoin, many of the other platforms offer the ability to add, subtract or even re-arrange pages in the templete mode.  What a shame we have to go and put all those fields back just to update a policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed. having to create a new template and all the entry fields again just because i need to add or remove a page in a template is such a HUMUNGOUS waste of time - i can't understand why this isn't a feature of a template edit. my 27 page template has over 100+ fields that I now will have to add and format because i cannot remove one informational page with a 2020 date and replace it with a 2021 document in my template. i now have to essentially start from scratch and create a brand new template, field by painful field, ONE HUNDRED+ TIMES.......ughhhhhhhhh; this will take hours! not happy with adobe coders right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I COMPLETELY AGREE!  This is seriously the BIGGEST omission this platform has.  In searching this topic, I can't even find where ADOBESIGN is working on this defect.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, anyone know an update on this? This is a pretty huge omission. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need this functionality as well. I just need to replace on page in a template but now I have to do the whole thing over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the work-around I use:

I start out like I'm sending out the existing template for signature. But then on the Send page, I add the new page/ file at the end. After I press Next, I add fields to the new page/ file. Please note that I do not actually want it to send, so I make sure there are "Prefill" fields that I never fill out. I click "Save as template" before pressing "Send".  I usually use the original template name but add the date to the end to signify the date of update.

Now a new template is available.

To clean things up, I delete'/ hide the draft I created, so it is not actually sent out. I then delete/ hide the old template (or add the prefix "Old" to the title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the work around. Sad it is not an innate functionality as I had been use to in DocuSign. It was so easy to copy multiple fields if you had to have a lot of data entered on your form , having a CC's option, deleteing PDF pages that I didnt need AFTER i uploaded them, and adding more pages to an existing template are all things I miss. These are all functions I hope get added soon to Adobe Sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a cunning plan. It might just save me a lot of time 🙂

Thank you for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I also wanted to copy a template to add a different page to save time creating a new one but it only lets me add the file at the end which is not where I wanted it. Seems very clunky and time-consuming and definitely not as easy as Docusign so hope it will be added as a development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great workaround, but sadly won't work for me as I have Adobe Sign integrated with Salesforce, and if I create a new template, I'll have to update Salesforce to point to the new template. (I suppose it's possible it links it by name and not an ID, but I'm guessing there's an ID somewhere.)

Adobe really needs to make this a priority, because having to update Salesforce every time I want to add a new document (or update the existing document) to a template is frustrating as heck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jbintn,

Sorry for the delayed response.

We have checked that you are using the Acrobat Sign Developer service. If you have a question related to integration, the experts can best answer it. With the developer account, you may contact the pre-sales team. They will be able to provide you the pre-sales technical assistance and share the correct information.
Please refer to the following link to contact them: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign/pricing/plans.html. You may use the Contact Us button for Adobe Sign Solutions under the team tab.

If you are using the Adobe Sign Enterprise plan, please contact our Adobe Sign Enterprise support team for the correct information. You may contact them using the steps in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/adobesign-support-resources.html.

Refer to the following help document for more information on Acrobat Sign Integration: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/integrations/home.html.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they get a fix for this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines