Highlighted

How to share a template.

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, using this help document https://helpx.adobe.com/au/document-cloud/help/create-template.html I've created a template in Document Cloud.
We have a number of users in our organisation as part of the same team/group. I simply want to share this template to the group. 
There appears to be no way to share a template. All the help documentation around sharing templates appears to be related to a different environment (http://echosign.adobe.com/) which support has told me to use, however there is NO way to access this echosign URL as it redirects straight to acrobat.adobe.com.
If you look at the image below you'll see that the "Share" tab on the right hand side is greyed out (circled in red). If I click on the file I want to share you can see that it is shared with Only Me" 

clip.JPG

How on earth do I share these templates to my team/group. Ive spent over 4 hours with support and nobody seems to be able to get it right.

Cheers guys
J

Topics

Manage documents, User interface issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to share a template.

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, using this help document https://helpx.adobe.com/au/document-cloud/help/create-template.html I've created a template in Document Cloud.
We have a number of users in our organisation as part of the same team/group. I simply want to share this template to the group. 
There appears to be no way to share a template. All the help documentation around sharing templates appears to be related to a different environment (http://echosign.adobe.com/) which support has told me to use, however there is NO way to access this echosign URL as it redirects straight to acrobat.adobe.com.
If you look at the image below you'll see that the "Share" tab on the right hand side is greyed out (circled in red). If I click on the file I want to share you can see that it is shared with Only Me" 

clip.JPG

How on earth do I share these templates to my team/group. Ive spent over 4 hours with support and nobody seems to be able to get it right.

Cheers guys
J

Topics

Manage documents, User interface issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I am part of a group.  I want to share a template with that group.  I can neither change existing templates' "Who can use this template" setting nor find where to select it when creating a new template.  Very frustrating.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you are a victim of 'greyed out'.

This is a common affliction that has claimed many who seek help in 'the halls of the plagued'. 

Adverse effects may include; high blood pressure, rage, violent outbursts, self harm. 

It is recommended you cease using adobe products as continued use is detrimental to your health. 

Note; Masks will not protect you from 'greyed out'. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same difficulty.  Do I need Adobe Sign for Small Business to accomplish this?  Everyone on our team has a license for Adobe DC, which includes Adobe Sign, so I don't understand why I can't share the templates I just created with the team!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hilaryr41396388

Close your laptop, stand up, walk away slowly.

in this moment you maybe at risk of an aneurism, I dare say there maybe no cure to the adobe affliction 'greyed out'.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha @hillaryr, this made me chuckle.

I must say, I went around in circles with this for what seemed to be months before we eventually worked out that we needed an 'Enterprise' license for Sign itself in order to enable this functionality. 

After upgrading our account, we are able to share templates with our users. 

This was not at all intuative and a simple information icon with this info behind it would have saved me heaps of time. 

In any event, for those with greyedout'itis - upgrading your license is the only way to enable this functionality. The free version of sign tht comes with Adobe Acrobat DC does not have this as standard.

Cheers,
J

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha @hillaryr, this made me chuckle. 🙂

I must say, I went around in circles with this for what seemed to be months before we eventually worked out that we needed an 'Enterprise' license for Sign itself in order to enable this functionality. 

After upgrading our account, we are able to share templates with our users. 

This was not at all intuative and a simple information icon with this info behind it would have saved me heaps of time. 

In any event, for those struggling with "greyed-out'itis" - upgrading your license is the only way to enable this functionality. The free version of sign that comes with Adobe Acrobat DC does not have this as standard.

Cheers,
J

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hillaryr,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

In Adobe Sign, you can share the library template within your group or within your organization ( provided users are in the same account). You can select to whom you can share the template either while creating the template or by editing and changing the selected option.

1. When creating the template in Adobe Sign, you get the option at the right-hand side of the window under the headline " who can use this template". Check the screenshot below:

creating template nd sharing 1.PNG

2. When editing a template, you do get an option to change the selection made while creating the template. In Adobe Sign, go to manage > Templates and select the template from the list. Then click on the Edit button. Then at the right-hand pane, open the drop-down fro Template Properties. Go to "Who can use" and select the radio button for the sharing options required. Check the screenshot below:

editing template and sharing 1.PNG

We did check your account with the email address used to sign-in to the community. You are subscribed to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC team service which includes the adobe Sign individual-level service plan. The option to share the template is not available in this service plan.

The option to share the document within an organization or group is available under the business and enterprise service plan. In the Adobe Sign team (or small business) account, you only get the option to share the document within the organization (as you cannot create a group in that service plan).

The Share tab that appears in the right-hand window pane (as shown in the screenshot below), when you select the file from the list, works only for those files that can be shared with external users. The Share tab gets enabled only for few document types that are allowed to be shared with others (people who are not a part of the process). 

adobe sign share tab.PNG

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines