• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use Salesforce Merge/Data Mapping using Sign Template?

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get Data Mapping & Merge Mapping to work with Salesforce & Sign. While the tutorial videos and documentation explain how to map fields using text tags (e.g. {{field_name_tag_id}}, it doesn't explain how this process works using Adobe Sign Document Templates.

With Sign, you can just click and drag form fields onto the document itself, name them, assign properties, etc. But the documentation doesn't explain where or how to reference those fields in Salesforce. I've attempted to use the field name and reference that as a mapping, but no luck.

I have yet to try using the field tags as mentioned in the documentation. I'm going to do that to confirm that I'm not missing anything else.

I just wanted to know if it's possible to do field data/merge mappings from templates in Sign and how.

Much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

there's no difference from a mapping point of view. You are still referencing the name of the field, whether the field is added as a text tag or part of a Sign  library document.

use this tutorial

Sending Adobe Sign agreements from Custom Objects in Salesforce

(it also applies if using standard objects)

As an aside you text tag reference is not quite right, for a proper text tag syntax overview see this pdf:

<

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no difference from a mapping point of view. You are still referencing the name of the field, whether the field is added as a text tag or part of a Sign  library document.

use this tutorial

Sending Adobe Sign agreements from Custom Objects in Salesforce

(it also applies if using standard objects)

As an aside you text tag reference is not quite right, for a proper text tag syntax overview see this pdf:

<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines