• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge Mapping Line Item Salesforce Records into a document for Signature

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to merge map line items (example Contacts associated to an Account) into a AdobeSign document sent from an Account in Salesforce. I understand this can be done with Opportunity products, but curious if anyone had successfully accomplished this for other items, like contacts that are related to an account.

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Hi Kerstink,

As you are trying to merge mapping, please refer this help document Adobe Sign for Salesforce Templates and Data/Merge Mapping with information on this.

Check if that helps.

To get more information on this, please contact support.

I have shared the contact details with you via the private message.

Please check your inbox and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kerstink,

As you are trying to merge mapping, please refer this help document Adobe Sign for Salesforce Templates and Data/Merge Mapping with information on this.

Check if that helps.

To get more information on this, please contact support.

I have shared the contact details with you via the private message.

Please check your inbox and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi/Kerstink, I have followed the same steps as referred to in this adobe document(Merge mapping and templates) for opportunity products. But my form field remains blank. Is there any additional step that needs to be done or any other form field to be used? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm having the same issues right now. They always come blank, were you able to solve it. I have attached the file I'm using for testing, the first two fields are ok, but the fields coming from Product Line items are always blank.  ? @kerstink51818771 ruchikaputtoo@gmail.com @MeenakshiNegi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also facing the same issues, Opportunity fields are mapped but opportunity product data fields not showing any data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need to use the "Form Field Name" from the product mapping section of the merge mapping you have set up and then put this in the word document as a normal tag i.e. {{formfieldname}} but you will need to add a number at the end to reference the number of the line item

{{formfieldname1}}

{{formfieldname2}}

etc

The main issue with this is that a business presumably sells very different numbers of products to each customer. So if you might sell 100 line items but most clients buy 20 line items then the template will end up with 100 rows 80 of which will remain blank. These templates are not dynamic and add the number of rows that are related to the opportunity. 

One workaround that I have used for a client whose contracts would not have more than 10 rows is create a template for each option 1-10. A custom field on the opportunity rolls up a count of the product lines. Then using an CASE statement in the button that generates the contract insert the correct template ID. I have given an example of that button below:

{! URLFOR('/apex/echosign_dev1__AgreementTemplateProcess', null, [masterId= Opportunity.Id ]) }&templateID={!CASE(Opportunity.Count_Opp_Lines__c,1,relevanttemplateID1,2,relevanttemplateID2,3,relevanttemplateID3,4,relevanttemplateID4,5,relevanttemplateID5,6,relevanttemplateID6,7,relevanttemplateID7,8,relevanttemplateID8,9,relevanttemplateID9,10,relevanttemplateID10,Error)}

This is not the nicest workaround and will mean that any change to a template has to be made 10 times but best I could work out.

Possible enhancement Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I need to do something very similar. Just printing on the document a list of records related to the main record I am sending for signature. Is there a way to print a list of related records in the document? Not strange at all this requirement. Have you found a workaround? I want to avoid creating fields insted of using a related object in Salesforce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines