Highlighted

Mismatched Signatures / Browser-dependend Signers

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I received a PDF that has been signed on the Adobe Sign platform. That's what the digital seal tells me. Unfortunately there are no personal signatures in the PDF, so the question is: How do I find out who has signed the document? The only hint I found is a URL that has been included in the document where the (analog) signature is. The URL looks like this:

https://salesforceintegration.eu1.echosign.com/verifier?tx=HEREISALONGID

Unfortunately the result of opening this URL raises more questions than answers:

- in Firefox 68 ESR the page tells me that "John Doe" from Adobe has signed the docuemtn

- in Chrome 83 the page tells me that Person A has signed

- the analog Signature on the document is from Person B

I know Person B, but I don't know Person A. So in the end I cannot find any (digital) proof that Person B has signed the document. And seeing different signers on the Adobe page depending on the browser with which I open the URL is totally weird.

Topics

How to sign, Manage documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mismatched Signatures / Browser-dependend Signers

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I received a PDF that has been signed on the Adobe Sign platform. That's what the digital seal tells me. Unfortunately there are no personal signatures in the PDF, so the question is: How do I find out who has signed the document? The only hint I found is a URL that has been included in the document where the (analog) signature is. The URL looks like this:

https://salesforceintegration.eu1.echosign.com/verifier?tx=HEREISALONGID

Unfortunately the result of opening this URL raises more questions than answers:

- in Firefox 68 ESR the page tells me that "John Doe" from Adobe has signed the docuemtn

- in Chrome 83 the page tells me that Person A has signed

- the analog Signature on the document is from Person B

I know Person B, but I don't know Person A. So in the end I cannot find any (digital) proof that Person B has signed the document. And seeing different signers on the Adobe page depending on the browser with which I open the URL is totally weird.

Topics

How to sign, Manage documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2020 0

Have something to add?