Highlighted

More than 7 signers per document

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I am currently setting up a document with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (17.12.20098.240878) . I would like to have 9 assigned signature fields associated with 9 people/email addresses. While all this works perfectly fine with up to 7 signers, I  struggle with implementing the total 9. The "participant's role" field lets me select signer, signer1-6 so a total of 7 signatures.Same goes for the "date" field and the associated participant's role. Maybe there is a way to manually implement the missing fields. I have a hard time believing that 7 is the cut-off for the maximal amount of signatures. This is a specific issue I have with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. By using Adobe_sign this issue can be avoided. However, I do like the flexibility and layout in Acrobat Pro DC better (Cambria as a font is useable etc.).

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.51.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.46.54 PM.png

Thank you for your help,

Georg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Joel_Geraci1 | Adobe Community Professional

georgb64031184  wrote

Is the Sign API implemented in the Adobe Acrobat DC somewhere?

Yes... and No. Acrobat leverages the Sign API to do what it does but, as you've seen, there are limitations to the implementation of the API in Acrobat that wouldn't exist if you developed your own application using the API itself. If you are familiar with using RESTful APIs, this will be easy for you after working your way through a few of the samples plus I can provide a bit of guidance through this forum. If you are not and you have a few dollars to throw at the problem, I do provide consulting services.

You can find a link to the documentation below

Overview

Topics

Feature Request or Idea, From the Product Team, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

More than 7 signers per document

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I am currently setting up a document with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (17.12.20098.240878) . I would like to have 9 assigned signature fields associated with 9 people/email addresses. While all this works perfectly fine with up to 7 signers, I  struggle with implementing the total 9. The "participant's role" field lets me select signer, signer1-6 so a total of 7 signatures.Same goes for the "date" field and the associated participant's role. Maybe there is a way to manually implement the missing fields. I have a hard time believing that 7 is the cut-off for the maximal amount of signatures. This is a specific issue I have with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. By using Adobe_sign this issue can be avoided. However, I do like the flexibility and layout in Acrobat Pro DC better (Cambria as a font is useable etc.).

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.51.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.46.54 PM.png

Thank you for your help,

Georg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Joel_Geraci1 | Adobe Community Professional

georgb64031184  wrote

Yes... and No. Acrobat leverages the Sign API to do what it does but, as you've seen, there are limitations to the implementation of the API in Acrobat that wouldn't exist if you developed your own application using the API itself. If you are familiar with using RESTful APIs, this will be easy for you after working your way through a few of the samples plus I can provide a bit of guidance through this forum. If you are not and you have a few dollars to throw at the problem, I do provide consulting services.

Overview

Topics

Feature Request or Idea, From the Product Team, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add more signers and define the order using the Sign API, you'll need an Enterprise license though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joel, I do indeed have an enterprise license. Is the Sign API implemented in the Adobe Acrobat DC somewhere? I haven't found it yet. I know what an API is though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

georgb64031184  wrote

Overview

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much obliged, Joel.

Hm. I guess I will use AdobeSign after all and bite the bullet with the slightly different font in the date field. Thanks for you support and offering help. I am a grad student who needs the signatures for the dissertation. I would rather not spend money on it.

All the best,

Georg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Joel Geraci, there's a name I've not heard in a wee while now.

In actual fact you should be ok with your current Adobe sign license. When converting to Adobe Sign form in Acrobat, it changes the Form ui a bit, but in actual fact you do not need to convert to Adobe Sign form in acrobat as long as you use the proper syntax for your field names.

for example if i want to add a signature field for signer number 9, I name my regular acro text field like so:

'mysignature_es_:signer9:signature'

for a date field i call my field

'myDate_es_:signer9:date.

If you check the names of fields in your current forms without going into the field property dialog bix, you'll see the same syntax.

for more info see the guides here Create forms

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, SimonATS. I have been trying that but somehow failed but that was an error on my side. I used the regular Adobe sign and it worked well. Luckily the cut-off was 10 signature which I didn't exceed.

Best,

Georg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon: Of Course! That's brilliant! Honestly, I should have realized that Sign would need to use existing PDF object properties to do it's work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's my preferred way of working, as the acrobat UI for Adobe sign fields, does not allow for the more advanced Adobe Sign field options.

Though that only works if

- you're comfortable with Adobe Sign text tags

-you're on a business or enterprise Adobe Sign tier which support the advanced features.

- you're comfortable with acro-forms

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a couple of blog posts to me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines