Highlighted

Offer more convenient form fill options for widgets: Autosave, Autocomplete/Autofill

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to see some more features for public widgets which make it more convenient for the user to fill a document in a public widget.

I.e.:

- Autosave: We have looong contracts. If there could be an autosave feature (tied to a session or permanent cookie - we're talking anonymous users here), that would be great

- Autocomplete/Autofill: We have the case that some users want to fill the same public widget document several times in a row. It would be great if they could be offered the ability to save what they've entered in the form (again, tied to a session or permanent cookie) so when they sign the document another time, they don't have to enter everything again. Alternatively, an autocomplete dropdown which offers values that have already been entered in a form field would be convenient as well.

As far as I'm concerned, Widget Form Fields should be fillable by browsers' autofill functions (they're normal input fields), but since the "Sign now" button appears not to be a standard form submit button, browsers do not recognize that this is a process of "I'm submitting something, offer the user to save his data" (or for IE, "add the input values to the corresponding autocomplete lists").

So it would be great if this could be implemented application-wise in the Adobe Sign platform.

All of this would go, of course, only for those fields that aren't relevant for the electronic signature (so e-mail and the signature itself, as well as other fields declared as mandatory for signing would be excluded from above-mentioned functions).

Topics

Widgets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Offer more convenient form fill options for widgets: Autosave, Autocomplete/Autofill

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to see some more features for public widgets which make it more convenient for the user to fill a document in a public widget.

I.e.:

- Autosave: We have looong contracts. If there could be an autosave feature (tied to a session or permanent cookie - we're talking anonymous users here), that would be great

- Autocomplete/Autofill: We have the case that some users want to fill the same public widget document several times in a row. It would be great if they could be offered the ability to save what they've entered in the form (again, tied to a session or permanent cookie) so when they sign the document another time, they don't have to enter everything again. Alternatively, an autocomplete dropdown which offers values that have already been entered in a form field would be convenient as well.

As far as I'm concerned, Widget Form Fields should be fillable by browsers' autofill functions (they're normal input fields), but since the "Sign now" button appears not to be a standard form submit button, browsers do not recognize that this is a process of "I'm submitting something, offer the user to save his data" (or for IE, "add the input values to the corresponding autocomplete lists").

So it would be great if this could be implemented application-wise in the Adobe Sign platform.

All of this would go, of course, only for those fields that aren't relevant for the electronic signature (so e-mail and the signature itself, as well as other fields declared as mandatory for signing would be excluded from above-mentioned functions).

Topics

Widgets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?