Highlighted

PDF form document uploaded to Adobe Sign via 'Send for Signature' ignores tab order

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe Chat support abruptly ended my support question on this just now and seeking the community for help.

I created a PDF form with fields that need to be filled in order within two columns starting with a field on the top left-hand side and to the next field directly below it and so on. I've set the tab order using the 'Prepare Form' function on my Acrobat DC and verified that it does indeed follow the specified order. However when I submit the same file to Adobe Document Cloud using 'Send for Signature' function to my test account, I see that the resulting PDF form ignores the tab order and proceed to tab from left to right.

I've replicated this issue with additional test documents as well as with previously drafted PDF form and the issue appears to be persistent.

As far as I can tell I have not found any setting that I have inadvertently set to cause this issue.

Looking for insight on this whether it is a bug. The support staff was adamant that it was not and kept telling me to recreate the form despite me repeating numerous times that I have done so. Very unhappy with the Adobe Customer Support.

Topics

Bug Error, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PDF form document uploaded to Adobe Sign via 'Send for Signature' ignores tab order

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe Chat support abruptly ended my support question on this just now and seeking the community for help.

I created a PDF form with fields that need to be filled in order within two columns starting with a field on the top left-hand side and to the next field directly below it and so on. I've set the tab order using the 'Prepare Form' function on my Acrobat DC and verified that it does indeed follow the specified order. However when I submit the same file to Adobe Document Cloud using 'Send for Signature' function to my test account, I see that the resulting PDF form ignores the tab order and proceed to tab from left to right.

I've replicated this issue with additional test documents as well as with previously drafted PDF form and the issue appears to be persistent.

As far as I can tell I have not found any setting that I have inadvertently set to cause this issue.

Looking for insight on this whether it is a bug. The support staff was adamant that it was not and kept telling me to recreate the form despite me repeating numerous times that I have done so. Very unhappy with the Adobe Customer Support.

Topics

Bug Error, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I first contacted Adobe Support via Chat, the support agent by the name of Rohit abruptly ended our chat without answering my inquiry. He ended the chat stating that my case has been escalated and when I pressed him on when I will hear back, he stated that I would hear back from the escalation team the same day. When I didn't hear back, I contacted Adobe support the next day and was surprised to read from the new agent that my case was not 'escalated' at all.

Interestingly, just about an hour later, I received a call from Adobe Support claiming he was the escalation team member wishing to resolve the issue reported the day earlier. The agent sent an email link to share my desktop to go over essentially the same detail as the day before. The exchange was not professional and when nothing came out of the exchange in terms of resolution I became very frustrated and demanded that I hear back from another member.

Next day I received another call from Adobe Support from another agent claiming that he is the "real" escalation team member assigned to my case. Puzzled, I asked what he meant by the "real", I was surprised to discover that the agent who had called me the day before was the first chat responder, Rohit. During the conversation the day before, not once did the agent reveal he was the one who had engaged initially and the one who despite promising to escalate the case did not do so.

So, what is inexcusable and troublesome is that this support agent after having promised escalation and following through, decided to contact me as the escalation agent despite not qualified to do be one. My take is that he must have found himself in a bind after not following through and attempted to resolve the issue on his own.

To make the matter worse, the real escalation agent after reviewing what I had did quickly admitted that the issue is that Adobe Sign does not support the Tab ordering specified by the Acrobat Pro DC.  A point that I had proposed as the likely issue in the first place. That's a whole lot of time and effort wasted by both parties.

Very disappointed with this whole experience and I gave my mindful to the "real" escalation agent. To his credit he agreed that this was an exceptionally bad customer support treatment by Adobe.

I've never heard of anything like this before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines