• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Forms

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a form where somone can fill it out and then send it to another person. When I create a button and enter an email address for the individual I want the form to be sent to, the form still emails the form to me. I want the form to eventually return to me, but I need it to have the freedom to be sent to others once the form has been distributed. *Previewing the form does not match what actually happens*

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Hi Marcust,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are trying to create a form that which automatically sends to another person when someone fills it, you can achieve this behavior by Adobe Sign or by "Send for Signature" tool if you have Adobe Acrobat DC subscription.

In this, you have to just enter the recipient email addresses in an order you wish to form received to users.

Then you can assign the form fields to each user. So they will be able to fill only their fields, not others.

Once the form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this article:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/dynamically-setting-submit-e-mail-address

Email is always problematic because it depends on a couple of things that are outside the control of Acrobat

In short, the email is sent through the user's email account, of which Acrobat has no detailed or reliable knowledge.  It depends entirely on the host operating system (or in some cases the user) to provide the data.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use Creating and distributing PDF forms in Adobe Acrobat  to distribute form to users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make it to where the users can distribute the form, but I can only get the form to send back to me. This happens even when I type another person email in, which does not match the preview of the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marcust,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As you are trying to create a form that which automatically sends to another person when someone fills it, you can achieve this behavior by Adobe Sign or by "Send for Signature" tool if you have Adobe Acrobat DC subscription.

In this, you have to just enter the recipient email addresses in an order you wish to form received to users.

Then you can assign the form fields to each user. So they will be able to fill only their fields, not others.

Once the form is filled and signed by all, you will receive the filled form.

Please refer the steps mentioned here Send agreements and collect signatures

The steps are same for "Send for Signature". You just need to open the PDF in Acrobat and select "Send for Signature" tool.

Let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines