• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you remove the Blue Line, Date and Name from Signature in Acrobat Sign?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would like to use esign for documents; however, these documents are dated elsewhere and the signature should not be dated. Is there a way to turn the blue line, etc. on and off in esign? Thanks!

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , How to sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2016 Jan 26, 2016

Hello Lillian,

Then, it seems that you are the user and not account admin. Can you inbox me your registered email address so that I can check your account?

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Greetings!

The setting you are looking for will require an account level admin to adjust.

Assuming you are an admin:

• Click the Account tab at the top of the screen
  • Expand the Account Settings menu
  • Select the Signature Preferences section
  • Uncheck Use well-formatted signatures and initials
  • Save the configuration

well formatted.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Hi Kylieh,

I see that you have the individual account of Adobe Sign.

The option is not available in the Individual accounts.

You may try contacting the Adobe Sign support team and check if they can make the changes to the settings for you from there end.

For the subscribed account, find below the steps to contact support:

• Login to your Adobe Sign account directly via Sign In — e-signature and e-sign Software Solution — Adobe Sign

• Once logged in, check the upper right corner of the page and clic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Hello, 

I can see from the image you posted you have a FREE Adobe Sign account. There are no Admin features available with FREE accounts. If you would like to use the features that are built into Adobe Sign, please consider upgrading to a paid subscription - https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign/pricing/plans.html?promoid=65FN7V4N&mv=other. 

If someone has sent you a document for signature via Adobe Sign, you may want to ask them to adjust the signature field position and resend to you. 

Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

You need to be logged as the admin. The goto Accounts Tab> Account Settings> Signature Preferences> the uncheck Use well-formatted signatures and initials. IF you cant see the accounts tab then you are not the account admin or group admin.Screenshot 2021-02-22 at 17.55.03.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to your settings and make sure 100% E-SIGN is un checked.  

mariahweyne_0-1698685774202.png

For the signature to appear larger, make the space taller, not wider. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe community,

I have been struggling with a problem regarding using Adobe sign. I am using the free version to sign an important document that I have been having trouble with. Unfortunately. it seems like when I try to print this document that has been signed, the little blue text underneath the signatures still exists. I have tried to follow this tutorial - https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/to-enable-disable-name-date-below-the-signature.html in order to remove the text, but the options do not show up when I click on the "edit signature" settings. 

For some reason, it seems I am not the admin of my own account which does not make sense because I have not shared the account with anyone - I simply use adobe for personal use. 

How do I enable admin on my account and how do I fix this blue text issue? 

Thanks,
-Xen0s02Capture.JPGCaptur1e.JPG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I can see from the image you posted you have a FREE Adobe Sign account. There are no Admin features available with FREE accounts. If you would like to use the features that are built into Adobe Sign, please consider upgrading to a paid subscription - https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/sign/pricing/plans.html?promoid=65FN7V4N&mv=other. 

If someone has sent you a document for signature via Adobe Sign, you may want to ask them to adjust the signature field position and resend to you. 

Thank you, 

Shannon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had a feeling that was why. Have a good day!

-Xen0s02

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use Adobe Sign but every time I have sent one out for signature and received it back, it comes back with a blue line, their name, and date below. The documents I am sending for signature should not have this information. Please advise on how to remove this from my "Send for Signatures" tool? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

The setting you are looking for will require an account level admin to adjust.

Assuming you are an admin:

• Click the Account tab at the top of the screen
  • Expand the Account Settings menu
  • Select the Signature Preferences section
  • Uncheck Use well-formatted signatures and initials
  • Save the configuration

well formatted.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Can this be User-level rather than having an account-wide effect? Our company has given a 'Sender' account to a few employees. There's one User/Sender who would like to remove the blue line with name and date but of course the others do not want to. Please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have signed up for Adobe Sign and I too would like to turn off the blue line, name and date on the signature. How do you do it? There is no 'Accounts tab'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kylieh,

I see that you have the individual account of Adobe Sign.

The option is not available in the Individual accounts.

You may try contacting the Adobe Sign support team and check if they can make the changes to the settings for you from there end.

For the subscribed account, find below the steps to contact support:

• Login to your Adobe Sign account directly via Sign In — e-signature and e-sign Software Solution — Adobe Sign

• Once logged in, check the upper right corner of the page and click the question mark icon.

• It will re-direct you to the page where you get the option to create the support case or to start a chat with the team.

• If you've never logged in this way, use the forgot password option on the login link to set your password.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we add the name/date to all signature types? If a signer has an uploaded image of their signature, then the name/date do not appear. This is inconsistent, because all other signature types have their name/date appear below the signature. signatures.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Courtney,

Sorry for the delay. The name & date is only shown when the signers sign the document by typing their name. When they use the image, it is not shown as per the design.

Regards,

-Rijul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rijul,

I have the opposite issue. I would like the signature without name and date. What options do I have? Only uploading an image?

Cheers,

PT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To remove the date under the script signature, you need to turn off Well Formatted Signatures

2017-06-27_6-08-54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to resurrect an old post but this is exactly the issue we face.

What is the thinking behind classing a typed signature as 'well-formed' but an image of an actual signature is not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat DC Pro & Adobe Sign

I want to set up a signature field on a document to send to my boss. Not sure if this matters, but he only opens the document up on his iPad. So, when he "signs" the document, I don't want the date or time stamp to display under his signature. I did some research and someone said to change the signature preferences, but that didn't work. What is the best way to accomplaish this task?

Your help is greatly apprecited.

Maureen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever figure out how to remove the date stamp?  I'd like to do that. Don't know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

how can you remove the time stamp and name from requested signature block ? Our signers don't have accounts and so no access to preferences to disable that. We only want them to sign, nothing more.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change your signature settings under the Accounts Tab> Account Settings> Signature Preferences, then uncheck "Use well-formatted signatures and initials see image provided Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 08.26.43.png

If the options to "upload and image of their signature" or "drawing a handwritten signature" option is chosen then the blue line and date are by default switched off

Sharing our knowledge today for your use tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thanks.

But sorry, I can't seem to find the option. This is what I have in the account setting :

Antoine5C5B_0-1610556722738.png

Also, I'd rather repeat: it's not my signature I want to change, it's the requested signatures I don't want to have the blue part. And the signers don't have accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antoine!

Thank you for reaching out.

We did check your account using the email address used to sign in here in the community. You are using Adobe Sign free account. That is the reason the settings mentioned above by MagentaSA is not available in your account. 

For more information about customizing the signature field, please refer to the information shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/to-enable-disable-name-date-below-the-signature.html 

Hope that answers your question.

Let us know if you need any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a signature and date on my agreement which is stored in the Adobe Sandbox. When I preview this document all looks good. However, when I send the document, the recipient sees the signature and the date correctly displayed at the bottom of the first page (and is able to add their signature) but on the second page, at the top, the Signature block is displayed. How can I remove the signature block when it is not visible in the document when I edit or preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when there is not enough room for the signature to fit on the page. Are you purposely putting on a signature and a signature block?

FWIW, I have never figured out how Sign determines when a signature or other field needs to move to a different page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send documents for signing by clients and they should not be time/date stamped when signed.

I used to be able to do this, but now the software is adding date stamps again which is very frustrating, and not suitable for our documents.

ADOBE - what is going on???

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using e-sign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assuming adobe sign (because thread moved),

the admin can disable the date and name by going to account tab > account settings > signature preferences and uncheck "Well formatted Signature".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines