• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

recovering password for digital signature

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have forgotten my password on the digital signature option in the "fill and sign" section of Acrobat.

does anyone know how to recover and/or change it?

TOPICS
How to sign

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Hi Animals61,

Sadly, there is no way to recover the password used to protect your digital signature.

You will need to delete your digital signature and load in a new one.

Note:

You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Animals61,

Sadly, there is no way to recover the password used to protect your digital signature.

You will need to delete your digital signature and load in a new one.

Note:

You can delete only self-signed digital IDs that you created in Acrobat. A digital ID obtained from another provider cannot be deleted.

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

How do I create a digital signature in Adobe that is kept there?

recovering password for digital signature

created by sb116 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/sb116> in Adobe Sign - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/9302958#9302958>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2017 Feb 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi animals61​

Please open the PDF in Acrobat, choose the "Certificate" tool from the "Tools".

Now choose "Digital Signature" at the top and drag the mouse over the document where you want to place the Digital Signature, a window will pop up with the option to create New Digital ID, please select it & proceed with the prompts to create a new Digital ID.

Make sure you memorize the password.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if (on a Mac) you have forgotten the PIN?

The certificate is on a USB dongle.

Cannot delete it via Preferences (==>

Removing a digital ID is only permitted if the ID was created by Adobe Reader or Acrobat version 8.0 or later.)

It was definitely created on a newer version.

Cannot delete the whole keychain for this.

Cannot create a new ID since it already exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I' am having the same issue in Acrobat Pro 17 but I am unable to delete the password without the password. Any ideas how to bypass that so I can delete the old signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. If you go Edit - Preferences - Signature - Identities & Trusted Certificates - Add ID you can basically rewrite over the existing signture and create a new password at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sleuthing this out - very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right on both! I couldn't delete the old ID because I didn't have the password, the whole reason I needed to delete it to get a new pw for digital signature. Did what you said. Created a new ID, put in the old password -- what I thought was the old PW, but it didn't work -- and now to sign I just have to select the new ID I created. The old one will just sit there, inaccessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for sharing your solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines