Highlighted

Scripting Custom Date Validation

New Here ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our team has been using eSign to digitise our contracts process for the last 6-8 months, and we've run into a recurring issue with date validation.

Essentially, while we are able to customise the date validation to accept only the MMMM DD, YYYY format, there are still two problems that are causing issues for us.

a) We rely on Text fields with Date Validations to indicate contract start and end dates. How can I make sure the start date field is equal to or greater than the end date field? Obviously, if someone signs a contract that is listed to start July 1, 2016 and end July 1, 2015 it's relatively useless as a legal document.

b) Is there a way to ensure that the date fields are validated within the real realm of dates i.e. avoiding February 31, 2016, accounting for leap years, etc. Alternatively, is there a way to input a calendar function to select these dates like most airline booking sites do?

I am open to figuring out how to custom script something to meet these requirements - however I'm not quite sure where to start. Any input would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Rebecca

Topics

Feature Request or Idea, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scripting Custom Date Validation

New Here ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Our team has been using eSign to digitise our contracts process for the last 6-8 months, and we've run into a recurring issue with date validation.

Essentially, while we are able to customise the date validation to accept only the MMMM DD, YYYY format, there are still two problems that are causing issues for us.

a) We rely on Text fields with Date Validations to indicate contract start and end dates. How can I make sure the start date field is equal to or greater than the end date field? Obviously, if someone signs a contract that is listed to start July 1, 2016 and end July 1, 2015 it's relatively useless as a legal document.

b) Is there a way to ensure that the date fields are validated within the real realm of dates i.e. avoiding February 31, 2016, accounting for leap years, etc. Alternatively, is there a way to input a calendar function to select these dates like most airline booking sites do?

I am open to figuring out how to custom script something to meet these requirements - however I'm not quite sure where to start. Any input would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Rebecca

Topics

Feature Request or Idea, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?