• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select multiple data fields?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to assign multiple fields to a specific person without having to click on each field individually? I have tried Shift and Ctrl and selected multiple fields, but the only option I get is to 'Delete Selected Fields'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Hi Gladiae,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It is not possible to assign multiple form fields to a signer at once.

You will need to manually go to each form field to assign the signer and to make changes to the properties.

This is an as designed behavior.

Hope that answers your query.

Let us know if you have any question.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gladiae,

Sorry for the delay in response.

It is not possible to assign multiple form fields to a signer at once.

You will need to manually go to each form field to assign the signer and to make changes to the properties.

This is an as designed behavior.

Hope that answers your query.

Let us know if you have any question.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then this is a terrible "as designed behavior". I just spent 20 minutes reassigning prefilled fields in a very long form because Adobe assigned them to "anyone". As an attorney, this seems like a waste of billable time that I am going to have to try to justify to a client ("Well, there are so many fields on this long document I worked for you, but my software won't let me lock them so only I can change them"). I need to be able to select multiple fields and assign them. Or at least have the default be to "me (prefill)" (this would have allowed me to only reassign 10 fields instead of 100 in case they noticed typos in their name and address). I don't want someone making changes and then signing without other parties noticing the changes. Please change this so the person creating the document to send to others to sign doesn't waste a client's money when the purpose of fields is to save time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agree here. I run into the same issues and it's frustrating to spend so much time on this for a multitude of reasons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at the very minimum you should be able to do a field mapping to roles on a side panel.  Some forms we have are a few hundred fields.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw dragging and dropping fields within Sign is not the only way to add fields.

You can add text tags in a word document, or make use of Acrobat and Acrobat form fields to create Sign fields outside of Adobe Sign:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/sign/using/create-forms.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how does that help if you already have a form in Adobe Sign?  Can you export the template out of adobe sign and do what you suggest and then import it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You completely missed the mark in my comment for this thread. The problem is (when I was researching my issue) when I have a form that was premade in Adobe go out via AdobeSign, all of the form fields are text fields that are allowed to be edited by anyone. I was looking for a way to select multiple fields and change them so only I could edit them before sending them for signature. 

That is why this is terrible "as designed behavior" as I have to go through hundreds of prefilled fields and mark them as allowing me to be the only one that can edit them. I only wanted to leave 10 fields for the parties signing to add information to. I am not trying to use Sign to add fields, I am trying to use sign to disallow others to edit fields that were prefilled before sending out for signature. I just don't want to do it 1 at a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I clicked reply to the Adobe employee that responded in this thread for my previous comment here. SimonESATS missed the mark in my thread and I cannot change or clarify my post after posting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you 100% - There should be a means to select multiple fields and assign them en masse to a specific recipient.

The fact that this is still an issue (as designed behavior) with no alternatives two years later is horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed...this is a bad design.  An easy fix would be to assign all the fields to the person initiating the form (same as prefill) instead of assigning it to "anyone" by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also agree. This is still an issue in June 2023, when this thread started in November 2018!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very upsetting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gustavo32009424c2zt,

Hope you are doing well.

You may share your suggestion with the product team via the following page: https://adobe.ly/3IrouOg

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines