• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send from Salesforce - is template required

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building my own document in salesforce, and embedding the signature tags (so I don't think I need a template)

When I get ready to send the document to echosign - do I still use the AgreementTemplateProcess VF page - even though I don't have/need a template?

ie - this is the link I'm seeing in the documentation....

/apex/echosign_dev1__AgreementTemplateProcess?masterId={!myCustomObject

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No templates are needed, but it would be good to know what you mena with tempalte, as it's a word used for different things.

In the context of salesforce, it can refer to the template agreement record, used to preset options on the agreement.

Or a template document, for example a word document with text tags which become form fields.

As said neither are required to sent an agreement from salesforce, though do add a tremendous benfit to any sendinf workflow.

But you can just ckick new agreement, fill out the agreement record manually and upload a document as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply!

Okay - that's good to know that I don't have to have a template.

Just for background - my contract is getting too complicated for a template, so I've written a visualforce page with controller to create the contract ( with embedded signature tags), and I've attached that PDF as an Attachment to my Contract record (that's all done with one custom button on my contract). And, I would like to send the user to the Agreement page, so they can make any modification needed on the agreement and then send for signature.   But I'm unsure how to attach my Attachment to the agreement. 

If I link to the AgreementTemplateProcess VF page - are there parameters that I can specify the Attachment Id?

Do I have to build the Agreement record in my code and then do the attachment?  If so - anything that tells me what fields are required, etc?

Again - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines