Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending agreement in Dynamics CRM using workflow/plugin

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just reviewed the Adobe Sign trial for one of my customers. They basically want to send agreement automatically upon an entity record save.

I didn't find any way in the Adobe Sign documentation about how to do this. So, I have started looking into the attribute mapping when user creates an agreement using an agreement template. And then my idea is to write a plugin or custom action that could be called by a workflow or a dialog to automatically create and send an agreement based upon an agreement template.

I can code this and on it now, but I wanted to know if there is any better option to achieve this requirement? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khadim.ali,

As you have a query related to the sending document in Dynamics CRM, I would suggest you get help from support directly on this.

I have shared the contact details in a private message with you. Please check your inbox.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is a very late reply -- but I hope it will help others down the road

The first thing you'll want to do is get the adobe sign dynamics 365 package from Adobe. 

Once the preferred solution is installed, you'll want to read the dynamics 365 workflow integration guide that adobe provides: 

Adobe Sign for Dynamics: Processes (Workflows)

The basic idea here is to create an agreement, then add a document, then add a recipient, and finally send it out for signature.

As with most things, there are several ways to solve each of these steps. Adobe provides custom workflow activities as part of their managed solution to simplify these steps. 

As a general idea, you’ll want to create a workflow that runs real-time and on create of the record.

Below you can find the general layout of your workflow.

1. create agreement from template - 
  2. add document from the primary entity
  3. add recipient
  4. send for signature

Sometimes it will not always be this easy. Other plugins in your environment could interfere with adobe’s workflow activities and cause unexpected errors. (Azure blob storage plugins that move notes/attachments into azure blob, for example).

If you are using V9 of Dynamics, you can also leverage the setWordTemplate action that comes out of the box.  It allows you to completely bypass Adobe’s data mapping entity/solution and generate a word template that you then send out for signature. 

In this scenario you’d leave your agreement template setup with no documents attached, then create the word template using the setWordTemplate action, then add recipient and send it out for signature.

Please let me know if I can help – I’m happy to expand on anything I said. Good luck!

Also, if you've read this far -- Make sure you evaluate adobe sign's Flow templates.  If you have the opportunity I would suggest handling the entire signature process from Flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines