Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signatures without encryption

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am an attorney and I am using sign for agreements that need to be e-filed with the courts. The issue is that the e-file system cannot accept encrypted (password protected) PDFs. Is there a way that I can still use the functionality of Sign without the password protection?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Hi richardh87804075​,  kyleh77776276

Please be informed in Adobe Sign doesn't work with scripts & macros. 

If you have any of the scripting or security implemented on the document then you won't be able to upload it in the Adobe Sign environment.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload an encrypted file, then Adobe Sign cannot read the contents to see to see form fields on the PDF or see where to place its own signature fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same question months ago and never really got a suitable response. Have you gotten this figured out or does anyone have an answer to this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same question months ago and never really got a suitable

response. Have you gotten this figured out or does anyone have an answer to

this question?

The work-a-round that I have been using is to get the signatures, then

print and re-scan the document. It is a small hassle, but still

waaaayyyy better than mailing out documents and waiting for signatures. Now

I only wait a few days before reaching out to OC to ask where the

signatures are.

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 10:36 PM, richardh87804075 <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi richardh87804075​,  kyleh77776276

Please be informed in Adobe Sign doesn't work with scripts & macros. 

If you have any of the scripting or security implemented on the document then you won't be able to upload it in the Adobe Sign environment.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue, but the below responses do not seem quite suitable, so I'll attempt o re-write the question.

Create a word document, save to PDF, Edit with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Add signature field and send document for signing.

Document arrives and is signed and sometime after this, ENCRYPTION is now added to the PDF.

The returned PDF attachment is "encrypted" and thus cannot be anti-virus scanned and some email gateways block or reject the email (per organazitional policy) with the encrypted PDF.

What setting(s) can be changed to disable the "encryption" that would allow the document to be processed by email MTA's and e-filings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have a business or Enterprise account contact Sign support who can make changes to changes how the Signed PDF is sealed/encrypted.

bear in mind that encryption is a key feature of Sign and used to prevent changes being made to the signed pdf.

Support can change  a setting which changes how the seal is applied and will allow the signed pdf to be post processed into an unsealed copy which can be shared, or indeed edited. 

Ask for the page extraction feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines