Highlighted

Template Transfer to another User/Account

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer templates within Echosign to another user account? I have an account which has a lot of templates created by a legacy user, I would like to move these templates to another generic management account.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Stuart!

The short answer to your question is no, you cannot transfer ownership of a template from one user to another.

But there is a slightly cumbersome work-around that I can suggest.

Check out this article on saving an Adobe Sign template to your personal account.

The principle is the same:

1. Log in to the generic management user

2. Start a transaction to some bogus email address.

• Make sure you use as many bogus recipients as you need to satisfy the number of recipients that the form is intended to capture.

3. Select the template you want to copy from the library

• You can only do one at a time unless your intent is to create a combined template from two preexisting templates

4. Check the box to Preview and add signature fields

5. Check the Save to document library check box

6. Send the transaction

• Once you click the Send button, you will be prompted to save the template under some name that you supply.  At this point, the template is in your generic management user's personal library, and can be shared to the group or account as you like.

The drawback is that the history of the previous transactions signed against the original templates is not transferred. 

This is only meaningful if you are running field reporting from the template itself.

Topics

From the Product Team, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Template Transfer to another User/Account

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer templates within Echosign to another user account? I have an account which has a lot of templates created by a legacy user, I would like to move these templates to another generic management account.

Thanks

Stuart

Hi Stuart!

The short answer to your question is no, you cannot transfer ownership of a template from one user to another.

Check out this article on saving an Adobe Sign template to your personal account.

• Make sure you use as many bogus recipients as you need to satisfy the number of recipients that the form is intended to capture.

• You can only do one at a time unless your intent is to create a combined template from two preexisting templates

6. Send the transaction

• Once you click the Send button, you will be prompted to save the template under some name that you supply.  At this point, the template is in your generic management user's personal library, and can be shared to the group or account as you like.

The drawback is that the history of the previous transactions signed against the original templates is not transferred. 

This is only meaningful if you are running field reporting from the template itself.

Topics

From the Product Team, Questions Need Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stuart!

6. Send the transaction

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks for letting me know Scott

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muy útil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualmente moderado

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines