• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to use the echosign API with oauth2

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OAuth is a widely used framework for allowing users to authorize API access. Adobe Sign's implementation complies with the OAuth 2.0 specification, described in this RFC.

This is a direct quote from the OAuth documentation for echosign, but I cannot seem to use the grant type "client_credentials", as the endpoint only responds with the following.

{

"error_description": "Invalid grant_type client_credentials",

"error": "invalid_request"

}

Here is an example of my request that results in this error message

POST /oauth/token HTTP/1.1

Host: secure.eu1.echosign.com

Authorization: Basic **********************************

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Cache-Control: no-cache

grant_type=client_credentials

As client_credentials is part of the spec, and I would very much like to use it for the application I have in mind, what would be my steps to proceed?

Is there a way for me to enable client_credentials for my application?

P.s.

These documentations could do with an update that states clearly that having the correct region (i.e. secure.{region}.echosign.com) in the oauth URI is imperative, and that you may receive invalid_request if you're in the wrong region.

- Configure OAuth for the Application

- Adobe Sign, an Adobe Document Cloud Solution

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

I was in contact with Adobe Support via Twitter from Sunday - Thursday, here is my finding from that interaction.

Adobe Sign implementation & OAuth2

TL;DR Use manual authentication to get the refresh token, and store that. If your refresh token expires (60 day inactivity or some other reason), you have to go through manual authentication again. Alternatively, completely ignore OAuth and contact their sales team for an integration key.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was in contact with Adobe Support via Twitter from Sunday - Thursday, here is my finding from that interaction.

Adobe Sign implementation & OAuth2

TL;DR Use manual authentication to get the refresh token, and store that. If your refresh token expires (60 day inactivity or some other reason), you have to go through manual authentication again. Alternatively, completely ignore OAuth and contact their sales team for an integration key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines