Exit

Unable to set the right location of form field

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope you are doing well!

Let me tell you what's the issue and then all the steps I've been doing to get there.

Using Adobe Sign V6 SDK and when trying to call the updateFormFields() method (PUT /agreements/{agreementId}/formFields) the result is not the expected one, and by that I mean the location of the form fields is always set by default to the last page of the document.

The whole story :

At the company I'm working at, we're generating some documents using adobe sign and our clients need to sign those documents. Because we generate different documents we want to have a signature block on different pages.

So far these are the steps made to generate a document.

1. Upload the document and then obatain its ID calling the createTransientDocument() method - POST /transientDocument

2. Init a new AgreementCreationInfo object, set different data to it(the participants, state, signature type, etc.) and then call the createAgreement() method - POST /agreements

3. Init a new FormFieldPutInfo object and put some data into it, data which containts the exact location (top, left, pageNumber, height, width) and some more (you can find it attached to this post) using the updateFormFields() method - PUT /agreements/{agreementId}/formFields.

4. Return the response after getting the SigningUrlsResponse using getSigningUrl() method - GET /agreements/{agreementId}/signingUrls

However, after doing all this, the returned document has the signature blocks for the participants at the bottom fo the last page, and not the page and location set at step 3.

Any ideea what I've been doing wrong and how can I place those signature blocks where they need to be?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Adobe Sign forms , SDK , User interface issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same question here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines