• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deactivated Adobe Sign Users cannot sign documents sent to them for signature

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have two individuals, because of changing roles in the organization, have been deactivated in Adobe Sign. Whenever they receive a request to sign a document from outside the organization and click on the link embedded in the email, they are asked to log into Adobe Sign, but cannot because their account is inactive.   Their names show up on the inactive list, can I get them off the inactive list or should I take another approach.

TOPICS
How to sign , Login issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Hi Mikec,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As the accounts are inactive they will not be able to sign in to the Adobe Sign account.

As these accounts are created under the organization account, their activity depends on the main account.

You need to activate those accounts. It can be done only by the administrator of the account.

If you wish to free those account from the organization account, you need to contact support for this.

Please refer the steps mentioned below to contact the team:

• Login your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikec,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As the accounts are inactive they will not be able to sign in to the Adobe Sign account.

As these accounts are created under the organization account, their activity depends on the main account.

You need to activate those accounts. It can be done only by the administrator of the account.

If you wish to free those account from the organization account, you need to contact support for this.

Please refer the steps mentioned below to contact the team:

• Login your adobe sign account directly via https://secure.echosign.com/public/login
  • Once logged in, check the upper right corner of the page and click the question mark icon.
  • It will re-direct you to the page where you can create a support ticket or initiate chat.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is not a link to chat or contact support using the directions just received.   When I click on the Contact Us link, there is not an option to select Sign as a product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will receive the options only when you are signed in to the paid account.

Adobe Sign support team is tasked to handle the post-sales support requests.

Please ask the admin of the account to sign-in to Adobe Sign account and then use the steps mentioned above.

I will be sending you a private message with further details. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason I could not get to the chat links.   I was signed in to Adobe Sign and tried three different browsers. One of my colleagues was able to get to the chat and we contacted support and had the inactive accounts deleted.  

Thanks for your Help.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had my Adobe Sign account deactivated because the license was tranferred to another co-worker.  However, when I recieve an email request to sign a document, I get an error message saying "please login as an authorized signer in order to view and sign this document."   I thought the person who is signing a document is not required to have an account so I am not sure how to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any updates on this?

We're having a few people with this same issue at work.

Thanks,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organization is having this issue as well. Same exact scenario - user is listed as an inactive user because he/she no longer needs to send agreements, however, when he/she recieves an document for e-signature, they get the message "please login as an authorized signer in order to view and sign this document."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings!

A user in an Inactive status is denied access to the Adobe Sign system and may not sign an agreement (as you have observed).

For accounts with a site license, the solution is to remove the authority to send agreements (instead of inactivating the user).

This can be done in the user profile:

Send option.png

Accounts that have a limited license count (and therefore must Inactivate the user to release the license) will need to alter the email address of the existing user, thereby allowing a new user to be created outside of the account.

Assumption: The user is already Inactive.

The account level admin can update the user's email address to a new value using the Update Users in Bulk feature: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/bulk-create-update-users.html

• The feature does not require more than one user to be updated. 

Generally, I'd recommend altering the email address to append .arc to the end (John@mydomain.dom becomes John@mydomain.dom.arc)

• This keeps the legacy userID consistent with your internal understanding, and the records on the account are still available for reporting, searches, etc.
  • John@mydomain.dom.arc can be safely inactivated because it's not a real email address tied to a real person.

Once the email value is changed, your original email (John@mydomain.dom ) will not be found in the Adobe Sign system, so no restriction will be applied to new, in-bound agreement requests.

Note that this new userID is not part of your account, so it will not count against the license limit but also is not part of any reporting.  Reporting is predicated on the sender, so this isn't technically a change in the user experience, but it's worth noting, so expectations are aligned.

I hope this helps!

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into the same issue that I've seen discussed on multiple threads in this community, document is sent to me to sign, I click the link and receive the following error messages:

"Please login as an authorized signer in order to view and sign this document."
"Your account has been deactivated. Please contact your support staff."

Before migrating to a Small Business Account in February 2021 we never ran into this issue. Previously I was not asked to sign into Adobe to sign the docuement.

We have been unable to get this fixed after spending many, many hours in chat support and on calls with Adobe Support. I am desperate to get this solved. 4 months without Adobe Sign working properly is killing us.