Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I delete draft forms? The "delete" button was changed to "hide."

Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

I can no longer delete draft forms from the "shared for signature" management console page. When I select a draft form the only option I have now is "hide." The forms that end up in the draft section (for me anyways) are forms that I've processed incorrectly. I'd really rather have the option to delete them if possible. Why "hide" them if they serve no purpose to me? Please put the delete option back. Thank you.

TOPICS
Manage documents

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I can't delete any test documents I send to myself or in drafts. ADOBE, please replaced the cancel/delete option ASAP or explain!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same problem. As I am learning how to use Adobe Sign I am making mistakes and those are ending up as Drafts that I cannot delete (but only have the option to hide). This doesn't make any sense to me, I should be able to delete a document that I was working to send out for signature but made mistakes on before sending it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

With the new experience of Adobe Sign, the hide button has replaced the delete button. For more details about the new format in May-2019 release Adobe Sign Release Notes , please refer to the "Hide Content" of this help article- New Manage page format 

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your response and the New Manage page format article, I can no longer delete (ever) nor can I unhide a hidden document until a future release.  This seems like a terrible idea.  As a user, I want to be able to delete a document that has not been submitted for signature.  Give me back control of my documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the dumbest thing ever. Why the hell would you say Hide is the same thing as delete? wow, just wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Please refer to the information mentioned below in order to delete the document from Manage page or from the Account in Adobe Sign.

• If you are trying to remove the account from the manage page, then use the "Hide" option provided when you select the document from the list.

• To permanently remove the document from the account, please refer to the steps provided below in order to delete the document from Adobe Sign.

- In the account, click on the circle in blue provided at the extreme right-hand side of the screen.

- Select Settings > Edit signature settings.

- Then select "Privacy" from the left-hand side pane.

- Enter the email address of the recipient in the search bar. That will open all the documents for that particular recipient.

- Select the document from the list that needs to be deleted.

- Click on the trash icon provided at the extreme right-hand side of the document.

Hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have you made this so difficult? Why should I have to go through all this aggravation to simply delete a form? What is the point? Please write some code to make the deletion process simpler. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a test web form that I am trying to delete, it's never been sent to anyone (it was just a test). There is also no privacy options in my account settings. How do I go about removing it? I have got to say removing the delete options seems like an incredibly silly idea overall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAIL. What is the PURPOSE of making people jump through these hoops. GRRRRR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this not more user friendly??? This has been aggravating for me as well as costing me time I could actually be working by trying to figure out how to delete something. Ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The "Delete" button in Adobe Sign is just replaced by the "Hide" button. However, there is no change in the function of this button.

The delete button used to hide the document from the Manage page, however, the document was never deleted from the account.

The Hide button in the Adobe Sign has the same function. It will hide the document from the Manage page. The document will not be deleted from the account.

To delete the document permanently from the Adobe Sign account, you will need the data retention policy.

For more details about the data retention policy, please refer to the following help document.

- Adobe Sign - Document Retention

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of hiding the forms rather than deleting them? What is Adobe using them for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi, meenakshin83966505​

I understand that you are saying that the actual function of the "hide" button is the same as the previous "delete" button which is now making it more transparent that these documents are not actually deleted (and never have been even when the button was labeled "delete").

I reviewed the Document Retention help document but the customization retention policy is a feature only available to business and enterprise licenses. I only have a single-user license to Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes Acrobat DC which includes Adobe Sign.

How do I, as a user with just my own individual license, actually delete a document from Adobe Sign (whether signed, unsigned, or draft and never sent out for signature)?

Thank you for your assistance.

Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is really worrying, we cannot leave any form published/hidden since it is a vulnerability, the possibility of recovering supposedly hidden/deleted forms! Please solve this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so agree with everyone else.  we want the "delete" option back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!!  Please ring back the "DELETE" button.  NOW!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*bring

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been advised that after HIDING the document, you can delete it by going to your Account tab, then select Privacy from the left menu. Search for the email address you entered for the document to go to, it should show up as Canceled/Declined. You can trash it from there.

A lot more work than it use to be, but at least now I know it is deleted. Makes me wonder how many I unknowingly hid instead of deleted.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you successfully done that? I am not sure where the "Account tab" is located as I don't see anything with that type of label in the view of the Document Cloud that I have.

This is what I see when logged into the Document Cloud:

I don't see anything labeled "Account" and when I poke around on the icons on the top right, it doesn't lead to anything with anything called Privacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been successful, but then I am an administrator of our Business account. Perhaps the personal accounts are different.

Laura Nichols

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bring back the delete button, I agree with everyone, this is the dumbest thing ever.  We don't want to HIDE documents created in error; it's bad enough you can't adjust anything once you start working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took me ages to find this. Please make it easier to control our own documents...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines