Highlighted

Witness role

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article talks about using signing order, and delegation of a copy of an email address in order to get people to sign a document and have it witnessed.

I found however that is there is more than 1 signer, and witness, the order thing doesn't work.

eg. I have 5 signers, and 5 witnesses.

The signers are already confused as they have 2 emails (as we didn't use the must sign in order thing, why below)

Which one do they delegate.  One signed in the Witness box, instead of their own signature box.

What would be great is a role called "Witness" that clearly defines the role, and therefore which boxes to sign in.

The "delegator" role works for this, but that is only available in teams, which is great for big organisations, but we are a small office of 1 user, with limited budget for this.  Witness is a common requirement for signed documents, and a "role" with this workflow makes sense in the signing world, so not sure why it isn't built in already.

Some ways to deal with this

1. Use groups of signatures, and each group has to be in order (not sure how to do this)

2. Make people sign in order, causing delays on the total document being signed.

3. Only send out the please sign email to the signer, and send your own email the "witness" please sign email - then delegate to the witness (or the signer to delegate) after the signer has signed

Why not use "in order" feature

- means each signer has to wait for signer and witness to sign before them

- lengthy delays, especially across time zones, or disparate parties

- if you could group signer and witness into an "in order" group, but each group is "any order" that would also work well, I can't see how to do that.

Topics

Access, Compliance, Digital Signatures, Document LibraryTemplatesWorkflows, Functionality, PlatformFormatIntegration suggestions, Signer OptionsExperience, User Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Witness role

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This article talks about using signing order, and delegation of a copy of an email address in order to get people to sign a document and have it witnessed.

I found however that is there is more than 1 signer, and witness, the order thing doesn't work.

eg. I have 5 signers, and 5 witnesses.

The signers are already confused as they have 2 emails (as we didn't use the must sign in order thing, why below)

Which one do they delegate.  One signed in the Witness box, instead of their own signature box.

What would be great is a role called "Witness" that clearly defines the role, and therefore which boxes to sign in.

The "delegator" role works for this, but that is only available in teams, which is great for big organisations, but we are a small office of 1 user, with limited budget for this.  Witness is a common requirement for signed documents, and a "role" with this workflow makes sense in the signing world, so not sure why it isn't built in already.

Some ways to deal with this

1. Use groups of signatures, and each group has to be in order (not sure how to do this)

2. Make people sign in order, causing delays on the total document being signed.

3. Only send out the please sign email to the signer, and send your own email the "witness" please sign email - then delegate to the witness (or the signer to delegate) after the signer has signed

Why not use "in order" feature

- means each signer has to wait for signer and witness to sign before them

- lengthy delays, especially across time zones, or disparate parties

- if you could group signer and witness into an "in order" group, but each group is "any order" that would also work well, I can't see how to do that.

Topics

Access, Compliance, Digital Signatures, Document LibraryTemplatesWorkflows, Functionality, PlatformFormatIntegration suggestions, Signer OptionsExperience, User Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 23, 2018 0

Have something to add?