Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow and multiple signers

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a workflow with multiple signers, which I have create. In my form, I have a signer and participant 1 (for now, I will need to add more). However, when I sent the document, the first signer needs to fill out and sign both areas (signer, which is correct and participant 1, which is not correct).

Can anyone redirect me to the correct way to do this? Adobe Sign doesn't provide much information.

Thank you,

Ronald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Greetings!

I would start by suggesting that you only think in terms of participants, and not try to separate "participants" from "signers".  Signers are participants too.

The first participant in the transaction can be a signer or some other role.  But you have to explicitly assign the field to the participant.  Check out this article: Assign form fields to recipients

Hopefully, you are using the drag and drop environment which does a good job if visually indicating the field assignment.

If you are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I would start by suggesting that you only think in terms of participants, and not try to separate "participants" from "signers".  Signers are participants too.

The first participant in the transaction can be a signer or some other role.  But you have to explicitly assign the field to the participant.  Check out this article: Assign form fields to recipients

Hopefully, you are using the drag and drop environment which does a good job if visually indicating the field assignment.

If you are building the form with Text Tags, the idea of the participant uses the terms ":signer1" and ":signer2", but don't let that derail you.  The first party to add field content and/or sign the document after it has been sent is participant1 (also known as  :signer1 in text tags).  The second person is participant 2 (or :signer2).

It's hard to troubleshoot without knowing more about your process, so if the above-linked article doesn't answer your questions, please let us know How the signature cycle should flow, how you are building the form (Authoring, Text tags or Acroforms), and what you mean by building a workflow (because we have a tool called "Workflow Designer", and it has it's own considerations.

-Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response. What I did was to skip the signer and start from Participant 1, Participant 2 .....

This made the trick. My goal is to have a flow between different departments. Which it is working now by just using the Participants.

Thanks,

Ronald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines