Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

10+ Second Delay when Switching Between Adobe XD and Other Applications

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD
42.1.22.4 x64
CC Sync 4.16.0.22

MacOS Big Sur 11.5.1

Macbook Pro 2018

Switching between using any other application and Adobe XD causes a 10+ second delay in Adobe XD.

I have tried the following:

• Removing all plugins
  • Disabling Adobe Fonts
  • Completely uninstalling every Adobe product and Creative Cloud
  • Reinstalling everything with reset preferences.
  • Signing out and signing back in to Adobe Cloud.

This has been happening since an update that was released in February 2021. If I reverted back to the previous version there was absolutely no issue. But, I was forced to update since I was using documents that had been made in the newer version.

I only use local documents, I have no interest in saving my documents to Adobe Cloud.

The only solution I have found is opening Adobe XD when I am not connected to the internet. It opens immediately and is responsive. About 20-30 minutes after connecting to the internet the lag/delay starts all over again. It must be a background process checking with Adobe that causes this delay. As someone who constantly switches between Adobe XD and other apps in order to develop a website, the delay has made this application unusable.

Any new document I create locally shows up blank and I cannot do anything. Again, if I disconnect from the internet, it works fine.

Every update I hope something is fixed but this has not been the case. I cannot keep disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet every hour. Please Adobe, it’s been 6 months, get this fixed.

Link to video example: https://streamable.com/kuw1h6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please collect and share system logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html so that we can escalate his further.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines