Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access XD prototype with SSO

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I'm working for an agency which would like to switch to Adobe XD, and give access to prototypes to our client through our CMS. So we'd like to secure the prototype (not set them as public), and since our clients are already logged in on our platform, we'd like them to just click on a prototype link and access it and their name to appear when posting comments. 

Would you know if that's possible? I've tried to read through the API doc, but I'm getting very confused with what can be done and how that works. 

Many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for reaching out. In XD we do have an option to share a private link as well. For more information, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/bg/xd/help/share-embed-designs-prototypes.ug.html#create-links-share-prototy...

Let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

Thanks for taking the time, but that does not answer the question. 

We know that you can protect a prototype. 

Maybe I didn't make myself clear: we've got a platform, and we'd like our client that are logged in on our platform (we know them, we've got their email address and a name) to access private prototypes without having to do any log in, password typing...we just want them to be automatically identified and interact with the prototype without an XD account. 

That what SSO are meant to offer, and I see that for Enterprise account there's an SSO functionality, but I can't find any clear answer to the scenario I'd like to cover. 

I've tried to talk to someone at Adobe for days, and I was supposed to be talking to a technical contact, but they didn't even know what SSO was. And they just hang up after 30 minutes of not helping at all and giving me another number that didn't work. So I'm quite desperate, and cross with Adobe for the poor commercial service they are offering. 

I know there's a premium support somewhere, but I can't access it if I haven't subscribed yet. Kafkaesque.

Has anyone covered such a scenario?

Many thanks all, "you're my only hope"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for the delay in response. I would suggest going through this article: https://spark.adobe.com/page/D9QiA1qGIHo62/ which might help you in explaining it in details.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vincent, were you able to find a solution for this? I have the same requirement. Online guides/comments are not leading to anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Unfortunately no. And I couldn't be bothered with answering the latest answer form Adobe, clearly that didn't answer the question either - and worst, it was repeating what they replied the first time round. 

So in the end we haven't been able to implement such functionality, and we completely lost faith in the Adobe support. 

We are still using XD but not at the extent we wanted to. We might consider another solution in the near future. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help; If you are successful in your research, please don't hesitate to let me know! (And I'm sure that could help a lot of other peolple/companies).

Best,

Vincent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Vincent, appreciate the fast-as-lightening response.

From the options available in/via XD - it doesn't look like anything like this is possible 😞
Maybe it's not architected that way.

If I come across something, will definitely ping you. Thanks again.

Regards,

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines