Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD 45.1 crashes on launch on windows 11

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Yesterday I noticed a very unpleasant fact. I can't start Adobe XD because the application closes after a few seconds.

I've already tried a clean install:
https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/xd-crashes-when-launched-on-Windows.html
It didn't help me 😞

Please help me, I need Adobe XD to work very urgently.

____
Event ViewerError:

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 45.1.62.3, time stamp: 0x627074da
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.22000.318, time stamp: 0x773eea87
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000010a824
Faulting process id: 0x24c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7e008ed5a78e3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_45.1.62.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Report Id: dee2e64d-647b-4ce6-ba73-0477ce11a632
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_45.1.62.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vitalii Bilous,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to launch XD and thanks for trying the steps in the article. We would request you to please check if there are any pending updates to your graphic drivers.

Have you tried reinstalling XD? If nothing worked, please try creating a new user profile and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've tried reinstalling Adobe XD , I've also tried quitting the profile, tried entering a new profile, cleaned all the folders and reinstalled again. Support told me that there is no full support for Adobe XD on Windiws 11 yet, in the end, I decided to go back to Windows 10 😞

Thanks,

Vitalii

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Win 10 it started crashing but I didn't get the behaviour until I installed Win 11.
At begining it was crashing about 20 to 30 times before it opens successfully. I can keep working unless it's minimized or the laptop goes sleep, then it crashes.

Once it crashed on the PLUGINS tab active, it crashes 100s of times. But now if I made the mistake of crashing/closing at PLUGINS, it's been so many 100s of times for the last few days and I cannot access my project.

I'll keep trying for few days then importing my .xd file to any other that can give me access again to my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mohamed27218568mken,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing a crash while using XD on the windows 11 machine. Would you mind telling us the version of XD installed on your machine? Please generate logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message. 

Does that happen with every file or with a specific file? Is there any specific plugin that might be causing a crash for you?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem for about 1,5 years on my old computer with Windows 10, some days I spent 2-3 hours just to start the program.

On my new computer with Windows 11 I sometimes get the same problem but it (so far) always works again if I shut down the computer entirely and then start the computer again. If I select "Restart" instead of "Shut down" it doesn't work. So now I can solve the problem in just a few minutes instead of hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines