Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD CC won't open and crashes immediately

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been having some problems with Adobe XD since yesterday. After I click on the icon to open I get to see a blank white screen for about a second before it shuts down again. So far I have tried logging out of the Creative Cloud app and logging back in. I have tried reinstalling Adobe XD about 5 times, I restarted my computer a couple of times and just now I updated to the latest windows build. But nothing helped.

This is my version of Windows:

If I search for "Adobe XD" on my computer I find a lot of AppCrash logs, they are quite lengthy and I'm not sure if it's useful so I won't post them right away, but I can post them if needed.

I noticed that this is a pretty recent problem for a lot of Adobe XD users but it seemed to be caused by a certain version of Windows that I don't have. I hope there is anyone who could help me find a way to make it work again. Also I'm open for suggestions for other alternative software as I really need to get started on a prototype now for a project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Hi Pieterc,

Thank you for the information. Please send me your Adobe ID, location,phone number, and the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

It would be wonderful if you could upload your log files to a shared location such as CC, Dropbox, or Google Drive and share it along with the email.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pieterc,

Thank you for the information. Please send me your Adobe ID, location,phone number, and the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

It would be wonderful if you could upload your log files to a shared location such as CC, Dropbox, or Google Drive and share it along with the email.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same here. Windows 10 1709. Yesterday XD worked fine. Today - window blinks and nothing else happens. No errors or messages.

Where can i find XD logs to check for errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us with more information on the version of Windows that you are on? We are aware of crash issues with a Beta version of Windows. If you are not on that version, please send me the information as requested in my post above. We will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on Beta. It's Windows 10 Home 1709. Build 16299.125

Adobe XD worked fine for a couple of days and then suddenly it stopped.

There were posts on the forum that error can be related to a graphic tablet drivers. I had Wacom Bamboo drivers, but i didn't use the tablet with XD. I removed tablet drivers, but that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. Can you share the requested information me so that we can get in touch with you for investigation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem.
I select to open XD > White Screen > White Screen Closes out.

Any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DBurnett,

Sorry for the delay, could you please try the steps mentioned on this link: - Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows and update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been experiencing this same issue, and I've been sent to the "resolution" on this page about 100 times.

Those steps don't work for many people unfortunately, since they only resolve one of the many root causes of the white screen crashing.

I've cleaned, reinstalled, deleted temp files, everything, and still I get this error:

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 20.1.12.4, time stamp: 0x5d0c140f

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.799, time stamp: 0x4c4ad50a

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000006a6552

Faulting process id: 0x3db0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5341d787aa581

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: 85565218-4e21-483d-8050-527555ead6a7

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

There's no way around it apparently, the product is irreparably broken. Can someone from Adobe provide me with steps to remedy the above error that are not the ones you linked above? those are for a different Faulting module path. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the suggestions have helped me either. I don't get a white screen though, it immediately throws an error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katrina,

We're sorry for the trouble that you're facing with Adobe XD. The team is aware of this behavior and are working on it. In order to proceed further. we will need to investigate the log files from your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello all!

I'm having issues with Adobe XD - after using the app for several years, suddenly it won't open.

I'm on Mac OS. When I try to launch the app I get the following error message:

Process:               Adobe XD [2912]
Path:                  /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD
Identifier:            com.adobe.xd
Version:               38.1.12.2 (38.1.12.2)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Adobe XD [2912]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2021-04-02 16:10:27.834 -0400
OS Version:            macOS 11.2.3 (20D91)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:    

Sleep/Wake UUID:       

Time Awake Since Boot: 1400 seconds
Time Since Wake:       430 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x5] Code Signature

Plus a lot of other information....
Can someone help me with this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines