• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD Crashed! I had saved my file, and when I reopened, it was not saved!

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

3 hours of work GONE! I made sure to save my Adobe XD file before I went to export the artboards. When I Clicked on export artboards, the program crashed. I went to reopen my file, and NOTHING was saved. How can I recover the file? I know for a fact that I saved before choosing to export.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Hi guys,

Adobe XD 8.1 fixes this issue and is now live, please check the Apps section in the Adobe Creative Cloud (use "Check for App Updates" if you can't see the update yet).

Thanks,

Radu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just lost two days worth of work due to this bug STILL happening on Xd Version 12.0.12.10 and I save at least every 15 minutes. It's been reverted back to the work of yesterday too and it is not even the supposedly saved version I opened early this morning. I have the latest version of Mac Operating systems installed as well on a MacBook Pro.

Not happy at all especially because this is an Adobe Suite App. Seriously considering moving to Sketch for any future projects as this is not good enough for working professionals with tight deadlines who rely on their clients work saving properly.

Please put more resources into fixing this save-bug or creating a more effective workaround in the meantime as clearly what has been put into it so far is not working.

I appreciate that you have been working on it, but am really not happy that this bug is still happening and that there is no workaround put in place until it is actually fixed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on latest version, saved it last night (30 hours of work) opened it today to show someone. Computer crashed with the file open, file is nowhere to be found. Assuming it's related to this issue as nothing like this has ever happened before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue, my file got damaged after Adbobe XD crash. Looks like I have lost my 3 days of work. I can see my files in cloud but no option to download them. Someone please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just update XD this morning. When I open my project file with the recent projects list, it open with a 2 weeks older version... I saved my file every 10min so this is not a manual saving probleme. Is there a way to recover my project ? I think I will cry...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and I forgot to say that, my adobe creative cloud update crashed so I had to restart my computer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try opening this file from Cloud Documents tab?

File -New, there are list of categories at the left side of window that opens up. Click on Cloud Documents tab and click on this file. (also see if modification date on the file is correct? Hopefully it is and document will open correctly!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes perfect !!!!!! Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost 3 days work

Now the adobe xd cant recognize it's own file!

Can you recover my files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AllenTomal,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble opening the XD file. We'd like to know if its a Cloud file or a local file? and is it happening with all the files or just one file?

Let us know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the scenario.

The file was saved in my system (Windows 10). While working I experienced discontinuation of electricity. As a result, my pc faced a bad shutdown. I started my desktop again and tried to open the file but Adobe XD couldn't open the file saying the following message:

"There was an error opening the file ******.xd (Error code:86) This is not a valid XD document"

Hope this helps to troubleshoot. Let me know if any other information needed.

Thanks for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AllenTomal,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble opening the file in XD. We'd like to know a few more details like:

• The OS and XD version of your machine.
  • Is it the cloud document?
  • Is it happening with a single file or all the files?
  • Have you tried to open the file on other machines?

Please share the information, so that we can investigate the issue and let us know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I had 3/4 updates after the crash. Current version is 22.0.12.12 (Starter).

- No. As, mentioned earlier, It was saved in my windows drive (Windows 10).

- Single file which was running during the system crash.

- Yes, I tried with another machine running on windows 10 but the result was the same (Negative).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost a full day of work, i dont know how to recover. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open Crashed XD file, press Ctrl+A all the hidden layers in artboard will visible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep loosing work in XD... patience is running out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience.  Just to be sure, did you try solutions in this doc? https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html If you did, and you are still facing issues, please send me your Adobe ID, location and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this thread. 

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I save my work every 10 min. No crash but when I come back the next morning, I lost a full day and a half of work. Not the first time. Not professional at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. This is not usual, if it happens again, please try accessing the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

If the file does exist there with all the work, then possibly it's not synched in the app, so please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign out of XD and Adobe CC Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related processes from Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  3. Sign back in on Adobe CC Desktop app and launch Adobe XD from there and check again and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to still be persisting. I am on the latest version as of this posting. XD crashed when I tried to quit, and I also lost a whole day's work. As with others I was saving regularly. However, I was using a local document... Not just a cloud issue it seems.

XD Version 33.1.12 - this has been a known bug since at least version 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, coming there to find ways, lost 6 hours of work made on Dec 10 2020. We are in a big rush with the company I am working for, and that is so frustrating! The preview link is still working on the Dec 10 2020 version, but the local file get revert to the Dec 08 2020 one. So we basically lost all the work made on Dec 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines