Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes on "preview"

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a windows laptop for working purpose and XD works fine until I try to preview my work. It becomes blank for a few seconds before crashing.

Never had this problem on Mac, and my XD is updated to the latest version.

Any ideas on the cause of this issue ? Are there any solutions ?

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you info  of OS and hardware? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 and my laptop is the Huawei Matebook X Pro 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to see a blank screen when you start Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first time I launch XD, there's no blank screen, it opens normally. But after the first crash, once I try to relaunch the software, there's indeed a blank screen, but it will still open it normally after a few seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paje,

Thanks for sharing the additional information. Would you mind checking if any anti-virus is causing the issue? If any, try disabling the antivirus and see if that helps. Could you please share a short video capturing the behavior and share it with us along with the screenshot of your about XD info page.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any update on this? i am having the exact same problem on 2 different windows computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this on our end, so please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Will it be possible for you to share a sample file?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of what exactly is happening at your end?
  4. Please generate the logs using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html 
  5. Please enable crash dump by following the steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html and then once the app crashes, please collect logs from this location:  %LocalAppData%/crashdumps. and share it with us.

Note: Please share these details through a private message. You can add the XD file and log files to a shared location like DropBox or Google Drive and share the link through DM by clicking on my name. Please add this discussion link in the subject while sending the DM.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, we'll try our best to help you with it. In addition to the information asked by Ares and Italosan, we'll need a few more details like:

1. Does this happen while previewing a specific file or on all the files?
  2. Do you have an external monitor connected? If yes, please test this on the primary screen without any external monitor?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

To answer your questions : 

1) It happens to all the files.
2) I don't have a secondary monitor.

To add more details : 

When I try previewing a file, I can see it loading and I can see that it will crash. But if I close the preview window before the crash happens, XD won't crash. But if I leave it, it will crash.

I also tried on my Desktop computer and preview works fine there.

I don't know why this happens only on my laptop ? All my drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines