• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the intellegent answers. It seems that all other simply tell you to update and send specs. So far this has been my exact scenario so THANK GOD I'm not the only one and I know it's not just my PC. It's either a microsoft or adobe xd thing (mostly xd). I've had this issue on fresh windows installs as well (3rd one now) and 4 different versions of xd with all the updates didn't work. Seems to be the ntdll in my case.

I haven't done all the things you mentioned here because I've spent so many hours trouble shooting I feel I've lost a full week of work already. Not sure what to do to be honest as this could take another full week to MAYBE get it to work. I feel that we're just beta testers for this software.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB

DirectX version: 12.0
GPU processor: Quadro 4000
Driver version: 377.83

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 30.0.12.14, time stamp: 0x5edac598
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0xb29ecf52
Exception code: 0xc0000008
Fault offset: 0x000000000009feba
Faulting process id: 0x2634
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6443ba20a43d4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_30.0.12.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: db736098-16e9-414d-b41d-fdceb314ca10
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_30.0.12.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update anyone who may face the same issue. I HATE NEW SOFTWARE UPDATES for the most part because I've wasted a good 20-40 hours at least on Adobe/Windows software and Video Driver issues.

The fix was to roll back video drivers to the one before (9/22/2016 release instead of 2018).

This should never be the case especially with a full system of apps working properly except XD so I think XD team should be blamed here. Anyways, glad it's fixed but really thinking of just leaving things as they are for a few years and use that time to actually do something positive.

Now onto other compatibility issues with PR & AE after the last 2 updates (all of a sudden my video card is unsupported ufffff)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem as xd would start with white screen for a few seconds and then crash,

the event log shows this error 

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 25.2.12.3, time stamp: 0x5e155d39
Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1, time stamp: 0x42f071ca
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000000d5cc8
Faulting process id: 0x36ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ca01dd096852
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_25.2.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll
Report Id: 5af78363-b672-4a82-9003-195ebdd4b4e6
Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_25.2.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

as well as this one

0x80070005: Cannot create the process for package Adobe.CC.XD_25.2.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte because an error was encountered while configuring runtime. [LaunchProcess]

I tried all the steps provided with no results.

I'm running Windows 10 pro with latest update and graphics driver are up to date as well

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand it could be annoying for you and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. Would you mind generating the log files using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html & upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or dropbox & then share the url with me over a private message?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the generated file in a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having issues, and updating doesn't help. I am currently contacting support to see if they can fix the issue. They are currently offline but I am hopefully trying to get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update to Adobe XD today, still didn't fix my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MJ,

I have sent you a private message, could you please check and confirm if you've received it?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html we can clearly see that Adobe XD is an app supported in 64bit operating systems with 64 bit supported processors.

Using this logic as an troubleshooting approach, let's remember that in MS Windows 64-bit programs are installed in the “C:\Program Files” folder and 32-bit programs are installed in “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder.

However, the systemwide module (.dll) libraries that belong to 32-bit programs and 64-bit program are handled quite differently between the application and the operating system, and they are separated into two different folders.

In any case, from examining the different crash dumps that users are sharing, one out of three events is always identified consistently by the error event handling in MS Windows : the faulting applicattion name " XD.exe" or "XD CC.exe".

If we take as an example any of the Adobe XD's crash logs that Adobe XD users are submitting, thereare two areas of interest in the crash dumps are:

- The exception code: it varies from user to user (0xc0000008, 0xc000027b, 0xc0000409 for example)

- Faulting Module name(s): it varies from user to user (ntdll.dll, twinapi.appcore.dll)

Now, even though the exception code and the faulting module events vary from user to user, there is another area that seems to also remain constant. That is the application's faulting path C:\Windows\System32

So going back to what I said earlier about where 32 and 64 bit programs are installed, you should be asking yourself "What heppened to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 ? Did we forget about it?"

System32 is the system wide library folder in MS Windows. However, keeping in mind that Adobe XD is a 64bit app, why is it trying to load or register a module (.dll) in a known area that is reserved for 32bit apps when it is loaded up ?

That said, and in spite of the growing clutter of troubleshooting threads that I've seen in the community forums, I would like to highlight a few suggestions to work around this fault exception.

If a 64 bit (.dll) module is failing to load you can re-register that server module using this command : regsvr32 followed by the .dll module name.

EXAMPLE: You will need to open the command prompt, prefereably as Administrator go to C:\Windows\System32. Then type regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll and hit Enter.
like this C:\Windows\System32 > regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll

OR,

If using Windows Explorer you can also copy twinapi.appcore.dll and paste it in

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 then repeat the step above in the SysWOW64 directory:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 > regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll

NOTE: Conversely, you can use /u parameter to unregister a module

As I read in a post outside if the Adobe forums, the tricky part is to always remember that that the 32-bit .dll should be registered into C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and the 64-bit .dll should be registered into C:\Windows\System32. This is a little different than following the logic of "64-bit programs are installed in the “C:\Program Files” folder and 32-bit programs are installed in “C:\Program Files (x86)” folder".

To explain how virtulal memory addressing is handled between the OS and the application is beyond the scope of this tip. And to explain how System32 and SysWOW64 works is also beyond this scope but I hope that the suggestions above could help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry you are having problems with Adobe XD. I advise you to consult this thread, where you will find a guide on how to solve the problem: TROUBLESHOOTING: Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ls_rbls, 

Thanks for taking out time to share the detailed information about swapping .dll in the situation where XD is crashing with white screen with faulty modules as (ntdll.dll, twinapi.appcore.dll) and I am glad that it worked out for you. I am sure that it would be helpful for future viewers. 

I will merge this discussion to an existing one to share it with wider audience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of this week, I have been crashing ALL THE TIME (every few minutes) in XD. Initially I noticed it happening after my document, saved in Adobe Cloud, was auto-saving ("...saving" after file name at top). Everything would hang and after "...saving" disappeared I could switch tools, but no matter what tool I selected, I could not pan, zoom, or select objects. 

Just tried moving my file to my local hard drive, and encountered the same behavior, though this time there was no "...saving" involved. I was just manipulating a component and it crashed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MS Windows 10 are you using?

Was XD working before?

Did you noticed if this happened after an update was applied?

Are you getting Any error messages?

Open the event event viewer and identify what went wrong and post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friend, I have Issue with Adobe XD Blank screen, and I got the faulting module path Problem and adobe xd is not working until now, however, I try your method above regarding regsvr32 twinapi.appcore.dll using command promp it's not working please see attached Screenshot_1.jpg do I do the step wrong? Desperately wanted XD to running on my current desktop without switching user account

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In which versionnof Windows is this occuring?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem as strkbndctwrn. Windows 10 PRO,  version: 21H1.

Basically Adobe XD freezes and closes without any error or prompt while opening files (around 95-99%). I tried to reset app, reinstal, clear temps etc. Unfortunately it does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KarolPaw,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please try the steps suggested here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/unable-to-open-xd-47-on-new-windows-laptop/m-p/1...

If the doesn't help, please share the logs and crash dumps as requested.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, after completing all the steps from the given link, adobe xd still behaves the same. Please explain how can I share the logs and crash dumps as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps, KarolPaw. Please generate logs and Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

I will try my best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

错误应用程序名称: XD.exe,版本: 27.2.12.4,时间戳: 0x5e585ede
错误模块名称: ucrtbase.dll,版本: 10.0.19041.1,时间戳: 0xbd1e2564
异常代码: 0xc0000409
错误偏移量: 0x00000000000711e8
错误进程 ID: 0x94c
错误应用程序启动时间: 0x01d5f3d0338d5ca0
错误应用程序路径: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_27.2.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
错误模块路径: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
报告 ID: 948db316-e364-4506-9f77-2670581a2e36
错误程序包全名: Adobe.CC.XD_27.2.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

我开始使用1809版本win,1809版本win的XD能够正常使用,某一天突然无法使用,我更新了最新XD版本还是无法使用,我更新1909版本win,XD无法使用,现在更新2004版本win,XD也无法使用,都是白屏闪退,我有尝试https://helpx.adobe.com/cn/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html,但是无法解决,这使我很困扰。

I started using the 1809 version of win. The XD of the 1809 version of win can be used normally, and one day suddenly it is unavailable. I updated the latest XD version and still cannot use it. I updated the 1909 version of win and the XD is not available. Unavailable, all with white screen flashing back. I tried https://helpx.adobe.com/cn/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html but couldn't solve it, which bothered me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys 
i have adobe xd and its getting crashed again and again while i am working on it from past few days but recently its crashng increased a lot and i send crash reports and nobody contact so i decided to talk with customer support and they direct me here

{Renamed By MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines