• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD did not save changes

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, I am having the same issue here!!!

Date: 25-JUL-2018

XD Version 10.0.12.9 

Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6 

Macbook Air macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

Apologize for your frustration, we will do our best to help you. If you are on the latest version of Adobe XD, and you had saved your file before the crash, you should be able to see the recovered file in the Recent Files section of the opening Adobe XD screen.

Reply: I Have the latest version, XD DID NOT CRASH, IT NEVER CRASHED. I saved my project like I normally do, in my hard drive and also in Creative Cloud as a back up and I went to sleep. Next day I opened XD, the file was there, same name, the saved date an time was correct, but when I opened the file, the work done during the last session was not there. I was able to see the correct file in my HDD and Creative Cloud, also in the recent files, and open it without issues. The problem is the content in the file, is not saving some of the work sessions.

About the crashes itself, it could be because of issues related to your hardware, especially your graphic driver. Please visit the manufacturer's site and check if you have all the updates installed. We are also aware of crashes in the Beta version of Windows 10 and the team is working on it.

Reply:  XD DID NOT CRASH, IT NEVER CRASHED. This is not related to a hardware problem so don't even look in that direction in my case. Your problem is beyond the user's Hardware.

If both these cases do not hold good for you, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed that it was a crash related issue because you had posted your question under a topic related to crashes. Thank you for confirming that your issue is not crash related.

What you are saying is that the latest changes to your file were not saved, is that correct - both on your hard drive and Creative Cloud?

I haven't heard of a similar issue previously. Let me check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct, file was saved in my HDD and in Creative Cloud. The file was correct because I saved it using the date before the file name (24-JUL-18) -- filename.

The next day I looked for the file, the name of the file was correct, I opened but the work done during the last session was not there, the name of the file was correct. I also opened the backup file saved in Creative Cloud, it had the same issue, the work done was not there.

Session definition:

1. I opened XD.
  2. Worked and finished 6 more screens.
  3. Save the file in my HDD every new screen created.
  4. Before closing XD, save a backup in Creative Cloud.
  5. close XD.

There is a bug in your code during the saving process, you should take a look to that. I believe the programmers changed something in the code and the most recurrent and noticeable issue is making XD crash (which is not my case), but you also have this less recurrent and noticeable issue were XD is "working as usual" at the moment of saving the file but is not doing it correct. I am a software developer I am pretty sure some lines of code were changed recently.

I hope you fix this soon if you cannot recover our information, at least I am expecting a refund or no cost for the next months until you fix this. My time invested worth more than a month of your subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I am checking with the team. Meanwhile, is this the only instance where this issue happened or have you been able to reproduce this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team would like you to share log files, can you do that for us? Log Collector Tool

You can upload the file to a shared location such as CC and share it with me over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Also, it would be wonderful if you could share the XD files where this problem was seen.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

XD just ruined me on a project I have been working on for 3 months.

All had been well until moments ago when I decided to continue work on my iMac. Only to see XD hadn't been saving to the cloud (Which it had been doing fine previously) meanwhile the preview link I had been updating still has those changes, but I can't do anything with that because that's basically jpegs with links.) 11 days of updates and feedback gone. The time stamp on the file on the xd home screen says last updated 11 days ago, which is weird because i have even worked on the file today  Is there anything I can do to recover my files? I am really thinking of switching from XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. Used an older file of banner ads to create new banner ads. It saved the older version, even though the file was renamed. Maybe I'm missing something or there is a different saving technique than the other adobe products? Whatever the case, lost a whole days work and I feel like an ass. I know XD is "sunsetting" (Yes, we are all learning Figma) but most still have some files made in XD, so it's not completely obsolete and if Adobe regards it as obsolete, has given up improving destructive issues like this, you should tell us that immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines