• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD (Error -1) When Updating a Shared Link

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to "Update Link" I get an (Error -1) code.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 7.41.29 AM.png

macOS Mojave (Version 10.14.6)

Adobe XD (Version 29.2.32.3)

Creative Cloud Sync (Version 4.3.45.2)

https://xd.adobe.com/view/c0d1277b-a0da-454a-9789-cb8f8c61bc95-9582/?fullscreen&hints=off

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the steps below:

1. Sign out of XD and CC Desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related processes from the Task Manager/ Activity monitor.
  3. Sign in on Adobe CC Desktop app and launch XD from there and check again.

If you are still finding difficulties while publishing, please share the details asked above.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to publish prototypes and getting a Error -1. I have tried creating a new link. I have signed out of Cloud. I have tried different files. I tried creating a new file. I've changed the file name. I have deleted the published doc to make anew link. I just can't seem to find any information on an (Error -1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try turning off the anti-virus on your computer and then follow the steps shared below:

1. Sign out of XD and Adobe CC desktop app.
  2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related processes from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.
  3. Sign Back in on Adobe CC Desktop app and launch XD from there and check again if you are able to publish the link.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me. Same error. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for trying the steps suggested by Rishabh. Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your about XD info page? Is it happening with a specific file or all the files? Have you copy pasted everything from this file into a new file and then try to publish again?

We will try our best to help.

I am also merging this post with the old post where we had a similar discussion happened about this error. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting the following error across all my XD files, both local and cloud.

claudiam-noesis_0-1602093464661.png

I've tried signing out/in of CC, CC and XD are both up to date.

The only way I managed to solve the issue was to copy all the artboards to a new file. I have files and links that I want to keep, since they are shared with different people, so it's not an option to create new files and new links every time Adobe makes an update that breaks something.

Can you help out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-error-1-when-updating-a-shared-link/m-p/11182454?pa...

In case if this doesn't help, could you please confirm if you are connected to a private network or managed network?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have tried the steps outlined above, but the issue persisted (sorry, I didn't know it was OK to revive an older topic, so thanks for the merge). I tried updating the links with various XD files, all displaying the same error. I tried pasting the artboards onto a new file and it worked. I had experienced this error previously, and updating XD seemed to solve the issue, at the time.

However, I just tried again with one of the files from earlier, and it updated the link properly.

Is it safe to assume that when this error occurs, something's going on with Adobe's servers? It's a little unnerving when you have tight deadlines and you can't update your work to share with other stakeholders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the above steps still the problem continues. I wasted my 3 Hours on making a link. Very unhappy with the application. Hope that I would be assisted soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem with 3 different computers and accounts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I started having a lot of trouble with review links. I've had issues in the past, and I would go and delete the existing link, and recreate it again and everything is happy and great. 

At this moment, after the initial creation, if I try to update the link I am getting an error consistently. "Something went wrong. Learn More (Error -1)" of course, clicking learn more doesn't actually help as it is for a typical error, which -1 is not. 

Any help or guidance in resolving this issue would be very appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-error-1-when-updating-a-shared-link/m-p/11182454#M3...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my files is not letting me update links and I am getting the Error - 1

I've already tried to sign out and close my apps, closing sync, restarting my computer, and signing back in and the issue is still happening.

This is only happening to one file.

I tried to make a new file using save as, it worked once and is now giving me the error again. I also tried to make a new link on the same file. Again, it worked once and is now giving me the error. 

I do not want to make another file because all the links will change, this is really making me lose a bunch of time with my stylings and componetns already set up, the file is already deep into approval phase. Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble updating the link and getting error-1. We would like to know if it's a cloud file or a local file. We would also suggest copying everything from prototype mode into a new file and then try to create a link again and let us know if that helps.

If it's a cloud file, open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents, and then try to update the link. If nothing helps, please share the version of XD and the OS of your machine.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is a cloud file. I already mentioned I tried that, it synced once and then gave me the error. Also I do not want to copy everything over as it ruins my components and styles. What is a way to actually fix this issue without having to simply just create a new file? If this happens a lot and I keep having to recreate files and reshare, update links, that seems like a horrible solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a cloud file. I already mentioned I tried to copy and past it over to a new file and it only allowed me to update once. I also would prefer not to make a new file and copy over my artboards. The components are still linked to the original file and my styles get completely wiped out, this would be an unfortunate solution as it would require me to fix it with hours of wasted work. 

I tried to open the cloud file, it does not work. 

My version of OS is Catalina 10.15.5, XD is the latest version 39.0.12.12

This is happening only to this file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologize for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue with XD 40 version. If yes, we'd request you to please share the XD file with us so that we can investigate the issue.  Please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a PM.

Note: Please add the URL of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines