• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD export problems and local files problem.

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

since a few days ago I can't open local files when I open XD first and then go up to File -> Open local files.

It opens normally if I find the file in finder and double click it.

Which leads me to my main issue: I can't export anything from an open file.

As always, I select the Asset left in Layers or direct in the file and right click it, then I press the export selected option and nothing happens. I've uninstalled Adobe XD several times, cleaned it and the whole Adobe suite with the clean up Tool but it didn't help. I'm currently using my Windows machine to export assets from XD and that works, but it troublesome to keep transfering that from Windows to my work macbook. 

Has anyone some ideas what could I do with this issue? My last step is to nuke Macos (latest version) and reinstall everything, but I would like to avoid that because it's time consuming.

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Import and export , Missing feature , Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need a few more details to investigate this further:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Is it like you are not getting the menu to select the format for exporting?
  4. Just be sure, you are marking the asset for export before exporting and then going to File > Export?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

No problem, here are the details:

1. 45.1.62 Version of XD and MacOs Version 12.0.1.

2. On every file I open. 

3. Yeah, the submenu for export is not opening. Same as with opening local files. The only difference is that when I try to open the local files in that way, the rainbow mouse cirlce happens and XD freezes, but when I try to export individual Assets from the file (because I can open files when I double-click on them in Finder) nothing happens, the submenu doesn't appear.

4. Yes, just like that. I also tried cmd + e and it also doesn't work.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is there already a solution for this isseue? I have the same problem and the same versions of XD and MacOs.

Kind Regard,

Lodewijk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also ran into this same issue with XD on MacOS.
XD version is 56.1.12.1 arm64
MacOS version is 12.4
Apparently, the solution for us was just restarting the computer. Typically "try turning off and on again" seemed to work in my favor. Hopefully this doesn't come up again.

Kind Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Hannah226463490dq9 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Are you experiencing issues while opening local files or while exporting? Please try marking the assets for export and then try exporting the assets. If it still doesn't work, please try changing the export location to your local hard drive. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll try our best to assist you with this.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines