• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Xd freeze when double clicking on text

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was already a similar problem with Adobe Xd crashing rather than freezing, already years ago. 

It's like 2-3 months that when you click on the text two times, or because you wanna edit it or because you wanna highligh the whole block, Adobe Xd freeze and the consequence is that you lose your work, because either you didn't save before double click, or there was not autosave. 

It's an enormous pain, only compensated by the fact that I'm using the free version, but it's becoming so prominent and annoying, that I started to wonder why I do not change tool. 

Once Adobe Xd, some component of the UI remain active, you can access to the "File" menu, but clicking on the item of the menu does not sort any effect, you can also see the "mouse hover" effect over the "close" button of the Adobe Xd window on the top right, but clicking on it will not close Adobe Xd. 

Then you think to get access to task manager of Windows 10 in order to see if Adobe Xd it's not responding, but no, Windows does not detect that Adobe Xd it's not responding and at this point the only thing that may or may not save your day by allowing Adobe Xd to automatically save your work, is kill the Adobe Xd Background Host process, after which you can forcely shut down all the rest if, it does not crash on its own. 

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Data loss , Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the issue in the latest version,

I'd request if you can share a few details like:

1. The version of XD and computer specification.
  2. Does this happen on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Does this happen with a locally saved document or a cloud document or both?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Thanks,

Madhumati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. Adobe XD 43.0.12.14. Windows 10-64
  2. Any file as far as I know
  3. Locally saved file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problema here. I have a workaround at least for Windows. Try reescaling the Adobe XD window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines